Law School Discussion

post your score here

Re: post your score here
« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2004, 05:55:19 PM »
Yes, LN135, readin the Critique of Pure Reason pretty much means that you can do anything (intellectually).  That's my theory, at least.  I've read a good portion of it in one class, and I'm taking "Kant and Trascendental Idealism" next semester (as I may have mentioned), so I'm sure to get a big dose of it again.  As hard as Kant is to read, I can do it.  Heidegger though...geez....granted I've only been exposed to one of his books, "Kant and the Problem of Metaphysics", and I don't plan on picking up another (like "Being and Time") anytime soon.  I prefer political philosophy in truth (Nozick, Rothbard, Hayek, Mises are some of my favorites).  I'll pursue that in my spare time, though.  I just don't think I could get through philosophy grad school.  A philosophy professor once told me that the dropout rate from law school was about 1-5%.  For philosophy grad school it's about 95%.  Easy to get in, tough to get out.  If I had the brain for it, I'd do it, but I'll take my chances with law school instead (the easier of the two by far in my opinion).  Good luck with graduate school, though.  If your LSAT score is any indication, I'm sure you'll well in law school, grad school, or both. 

Alrighty, I must be off.  I decided to take a lower level ethics class this semester.  It's easy, but I've been roped into tutoring the whole class before tests, so I have to head to the library for that.

-Matt

superiorlobe

« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2004, 11:52:09 PM »
I was enrolled in a PhD program in philosophy, but dropped out.

Matthew_24_24

• Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2004, 01:05:00 AM »
I can't wait until the Dec LSAT. Now knowing that im pretty safe even with a 158 makes me want to hurt that exam badly. 

Matt

Trancer

• Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2004, 06:53:28 AM »
160, 82nd percentile

BAFF213

« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2004, 06:47:45 PM »

Well good luck applying this year. You have a higher LSAT than I did last year and I was waitlisted at GMU (actually you still have a higher LSAT than my official score, given the average). According to Dean Richard, it is better to try and get a higher LSAT in December than applying early. I'm sure you will hit 160+ by December.

I'm not taking December.  I'm going to apply this cycle and probably take the June LSAT as well.

POST YOUR SCORES HERE!! DEC TAKERS
« Reply #235 on: December 23, 2005, 09:36:23 AM »

« Reply #236 on: December 23, 2005, 02:59:55 PM »

Will probably re-take and apply next year.

Congrats on all who did well (esp. Leoris, SeaDream)!