Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: McGeorge - Deposit due in two days, need info.  (Read 3733 times)

lstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: McGeorge - Deposit due in two days, need info.
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2004, 01:57:59 PM »
I will be writing McGeorge this weekend, and officially give up my seat in this fall's class.

I actually placed a deposit down...

But, I have decided to head to Eugene, OR, rather than Sacramento,CA.

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2004, 02:07:12 PM »
I'm still waiting on McGeorge.  The sooner you let them know the better for all of us still waiting.  Good luck in Eugene!  It's really a beautiful place and and excellent school. 

BigDaddy

• 3.2 160 McGeorge School of Law, 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2004, 04:08:24 PM »
I'm still waiting on McGeorge.  The sooner you let them know the better for all of us still waiting.  Good luck in Eugene!  It's really a beautiful place and and excellent school. 

good luck, frontier!!

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2004, 04:37:52 PM »
Thanks.  I'm really biting my nails.  If only they would consider graduate gpa...I might not be so borderline.

BigDaddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2004, 04:40:26 PM »
Thanks.  I'm really biting my nails.  If only they would consider graduate gpa...I might not be so borderline.

I hear you. i have a 3.2 UG, but a 3.7 grad. I think if they would have looked at that I may have been a better candidate at Boalt. 8)

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2004, 04:49:28 PM »
I did what I could in the application to highlight my graduate work.  I also regret taking the LSAT while I was in France...the accomodations were sub par, and there were definitely communication difficulties with the moderator...

BigDaddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2004, 05:00:54 PM »
I did what I could in the application to highlight my graduate work.  I also regret taking the LSAT while I was in France...the accomodations were sub par, and there were definitely communication difficulties with the moderator...

Yeah, the LSAT killed me too. I shot myself in the foot. I am a molecular biologist and killed my self on the GAMES section byt missing 11!!(where I had not missed a question in the previous four practices!!) If my games would have held true, I should have scored a 177....DAMMIT!! ;)

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2004, 05:02:43 PM »
That's too bad.  A 177 would have opened up many doors.  What prompted you to go from bio to law?

frontier

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2004, 05:21:20 PM »
BigDaddy-I just read your little bio on lawschoolnumbers.com...I'm a Chicoan...born and raised.

BigDaddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2004, 05:21:21 PM »
That's too bad.  A 177 would have opened up many doors.  What prompted you to go from bio to law?

I HATE benchwork. I love science and science theory, but the actual science is fairly bland and, in all honesty, I didn't go to school for a LONG time to get paid 30-40K out of school with a Ph.D. Instead I will have a M.S., graduate with my J.D. in the same amount of time a Ph.D. would have taken, and make 100-135K out of school....plus, I will enjoy my work more than with a Ph.D. ;D