Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: McGeorge - Deposit due in two days, need info.  (Read 3723 times)

BigDaddy

• 3.2 160 McGeorge School of Law, 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: McGeorge - Deposit due in two days, need info.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2004, 03:55:01 PM »
Also remember that you can get a certificate at McGeorge. ;D

seamaid

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2004, 04:00:19 PM »
 You really did a wonderful research for McGeorge, BigDaddy. That makes Mcgeorge a even better place to go.  :D

thechoson

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2004, 04:06:53 PM »
Another minor positive for McGeorge.  Among the large cities of California since the recession of 2000-2001, only one has had positive job growth.  Sacramento.  Couple that with the fact that it is the most diverse city in the nation and has low cost of living compared to other big cities in Cali, Sacramento seems like a very nice place to live.
Good luck guys!

seamaid

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2004, 03:06:54 PM »
Does anyone know something about on-campus housing? I received a letter from the housing office of McGeorge, and I was told to pay all the deposits before May 1st to remain in the priority waitlist of an on-campus apartment.
I do not know if it will be a quiet place to live and study in an on-campus apartment. How many days the day division students will have classes in a week? 

BigDaddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2004, 04:12:09 PM »
Does anyone know something about on-campus housing? I received a letter from the housing office of McGeorge, and I was told to pay all the deposits before May 1st to remain in the priority waitlist of an on-campus apartment.
I do not know if it will be a quiet place to live and study in an on-campus apartment. How many days the day division students will have classes in a week? 

You do need to make that deposit if you plan on getting any on-campus housing. It seemed, when I went, that it would be a nice plase to live, and that it would help you immerse yourself more into the whole LS experience. I would do it if I were single, but am not.
also, day division 1L's have classes every weekday.

BD

seamaid

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2004, 04:29:38 PM »
Thank you, BD
I would like to live in campus. I just worried if it would be noisy sometimes. Because some friends of mine told me it is very noisy to live in a dorm. And I just know from the housing office they will increase the rent this fall. So, a studio will cost 560 a month. Maybe we could meet this fall in McGeorge.   Take care.

BigDaddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2004, 04:37:34 PM »
Thank you, BD
I would like to live in campus. I just worried if it would be noisy sometimes. Because some friends of mine told me it is very noisy to live in a dorm. And I just know from the housing office they will increase the rent this fall. So, a studio will cost 560 a month. Maybe we could meet this fall in McGeorge.   Take care.
Seamaid,
On campus dorms at a LS that is not attached to the UG is VERY different than one like McGeorge, where only LS students will be living in and around those dorms. No doubt there is partying, but it is controlled, and from what I have heard it mostly rotates around 1L class drinking games. ;)
Also, be aware that 560 / month covers not only rent, but also hot water, basic utilities, and high speed internet access. 560 is not alot for this place (for instance, I'll be paying ~1000 / month for a two bedroom in a suburb of Sac....)
BTW - I assume you are female (SeaMAID) and some sort of international student (from some of the ways you use English in messages)..is that true (Just curious)? Either way, it would be great to meet this fall.

BD

seamaid

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2004, 05:07:48 PM »
Yes, I am a not too old Chinese lady. I like swimming very much and always feel like a happy fish. You wouldn't have difficulty recognizing me in school.
One thing that we have in common is the LSAT score and maybe free books for the first year.  :D

BigDaddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2004, 05:29:48 PM »
Cool. I will definetely look you up during orientation.

BD ;)

BigDaddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2004, 01:54:34 PM »
Wow, this thread really died quick. Anyone else have any questions about McG, or does anyone who is going to be there this fall want to talk about the school??

Anyone?? ???