Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: connection refused  (Read 2241 times)

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
connection refused
« on: October 22, 2004, 12:09:26 PM »
today the site seems to be slow, and every once in a while when returning to the site, I get an error message that the connection was refused (and it continues to do that for a while).  Anyone else?

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: connection refused
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 12:11:50 PM »
btw, I use firefox, so IE users might not get an error message (just be unable to access the site).

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Leaf2001br
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 12:16:06 PM »
I am having all kinds of problems too.  Maybe it has something to do with heavy traffic from antsy October LSAT takers jamming it up .  Everyone seems to be in a frenzy for any tidbit about scores being released.  Of course I am no exception.  :-[
"What is Legal?  What is Illegal?  What is 'Barely Legal'?"  - Ali G

superiorlobe

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 12:19:09 PM »
yes.  this is happening to me a lot.  The site seems to be getting really slow.

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 12:24:56 PM »
Yep - same here and its really frustrating, especially when you see posts like "I got my score" and then can't get into it. If those people are lying, they really suck.

superiorlobe

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 02:41:32 PM »
it takes about 30 seconds for every page to load.  It didn't used to be like this.  What is going on?  So far it seems like only two or three of us are affected.  All other websites load in the blink of an eye.

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Leaf2001br
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 03:07:09 PM »
If everybody stopped checking the site every 2 minutes it would free up the bandwith to run faster.  There's nothing you can do as long as that doesn't happen.  If you are checking it constantly you are part of the problem.  We are just going to have to live with it for the next few days, at least during the day. 
"What is Legal?  What is Illegal?  What is 'Barely Legal'?"  - Ali G

jgomez

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 03:26:03 PM »
This is it.

If everybody stopped checking the site every 2 minutes it would free up the bandwith to run faster.  There's nothing you can do as long as that doesn't happen.  If you are checking it constantly you are part of the problem.  We are just going to have to live with it for the next few days, at least during the day. 

superiorlobe

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 03:36:28 PM »
What the hell are you people talking about ???

This site is the one that is slow, *not* the LSAC site.  I have checked the LSAC site too, and it is very fast.  No one is going to plug your score into this (i.e. LSD) site unless it is you -- so there is no point in checking this site for your score. The only way that checking the LSAC site would affect this site would be if they were hosted on the same server.  And they aren't.

???

???

???

jgomez

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 03:40:40 PM »
I think the reasoning is that since scores are not up on LSAC and there is a heavier load than usual on the LSD servers because of everyone's anticipation, he is suggesting that's the increase in amount of people is causing a slow down.  Either this, or it's a coincidence that it slowed down as it got closer to the date on when the LSAT score would be released.

What the hell are you people talking about ???

This site is the one that is slow, *not* the LSAC site.  I have checked the LSAC site too, and it is very fast.  No one is going to plug your score into this (i.e. LSD) site unless it is you -- so there is no point in checking this site for your score. The only way that checking the LSAC site would affect this site would be if they were hosted on the same server.  And they aren't.

???

???

???