Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT OCTOBER 2004 FEARS  (Read 3583 times)

thejizzus

• LSAT-156 GPA-3.4
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSAT OCTOBER 2004 FEARS
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 03:48:25 AM »
naw its good to hear other people are going through the same things as me, ecxcept with the whole having a direction and background in different things and knowing exactly what your looking for parts. im looking at chapman more now too because it is in the OC and is a smaller liberal arts school like my undergrad one, which i love. its a tier 3 school but its less than 10 years old and is in SoCal in between LA n SD so its prime location wise. I just dont want to end up settling for less then i set my mind on doing, which was San Diego. But who knows, i had my heart set on an undergrad college and it was the only one out of 7 that i applied to that i got rejected from, and that forced me to come to this school which i never even had on my radar before my rejection and in retrospect it was a great blessing in disguise as this is a much more compatible place for me. Talk about rambling, and im just bored tryin not to think of my fresh LSAT results and therefore wanting to cry. But i digress

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 07:38:01 PM »
I have some direction, but it's not yet fully formed.  I'm just annoyed that I've pretty much knocked myself out of the running for the higher level schools because of this one 5 hour test. 

I actually followed my boyfriend (who I'm no longer even dating) to the University of Minnesota, because I was 16 and my parents didn't want me leaving the state.  I didn't even apply anywhere else.  Kind of sad, but I think it's working out well in the long run; I've been able to take unusual courses (Hebrew, Arabic, ancient Near Eastern studies, etc.), and because I chose to stay in school 4 years instead of graduating after 2, I've been able to major in a crapload of subjects.  Hopefully that makes me look unique and well-rounded.  Obviously some schools will reject me outright when they see my LSAT score, but hopefully most will give me the benefit of the doubt and at least look through my file and evaluate me as a human being and not just a number.  Ideally I'd like to go to a smaller school that has an undergraduate population and options for study abroad/internships in the Middle East + many options for dual degrees.

I just don't want to end up getting rejected everywhere I apply.  That would be such a nightmare.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2004, 01:24:53 PM »
Chapman is a good choice.  They just got ABA accredited like 2 years ago, brand new campus.  You might also consider Pepperdine.  MALIBU is gorgeous.  I'm from OC so I can tell you Chapman's rep is building and all the ammenities are new.  Plus it's not in a crazy expensive part of the OC, it's in Orange which tends to have better rent.  Pepperdine is more expensive, but has been around longer and has likewise a reputation on the rise.  Both tier 3, guaranteed a good time.

Good luck!

thejizzus

• LSAT-156 GPA-3.4
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 03:31:11 PM »
thanx tousled

i live in nj and have never been west of pittsburgh so it would be  a new experience to say the least. i could imagine the good times i would have there but how do you or people youve talked to from there think of chapman or pepperdine in terms of the stature and if i would be able to have a good chance at getting a job coming out of either school. to me, i would think a law degree is a law degree unless your tryin to go to some snobby elitist place of business but maybe im thinkin like an idealist or somethin.

also maybe you could tell me a lil about the area cuz alls i base my knowledge on is from the oc and laguna beach. ;)

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2004, 05:17:22 PM »
well from what I've heard from the lawyers at my law firm, you should go to school close to where you think you'll want to practice law.  the firms will be more familiar with the law school and more likely to recruit there.  Orange County is much more normal that on the OC or Laguna Beach, but still rather sunny all of the time....

lexylitstinks

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004, 05:34:14 PM »
NO WAY! You won't get in with that GPA.  Try back in a couple years. 

Hey all!   Im so nervous that in 3 days, the scores will be available.  Im not sure if I did well but do you guys think it's worth retaking in December?  I want to apply to Rutgers Law School in Newark, NJ.  My gpa is 3.3.  Please give me some advice.

Thanks,
Steph

LimitsOnLimits

• Meow to you
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 08:48:05 AM »
Why wouldn't see23 get in with a 3.3?  The 25th percentile for Rutgers is a 3.0.  The 75th percentile is 3.6.  I dont think a 3.3 will hinder your chances See