Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WHAT TO PICK  (Read 1177 times)

smileyriles

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
WHAT TO PICK
« on: May 06, 2003, 01:20:30 PM »
Hey Everyone.
         I have been a science major at a canadian university and have a question to ask. Should I go to med school or law school. I have a 3.5 gpa in joint bio/chem. If any one could give me a little input on the industries that would be great.
             Thanx

junior

Re: WHAT TO PICK
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 05:05:16 PM »
Well, it mainly depends on your interests. Both are competitive industries (medicine slightly more so).  It all depends on what you want to do, and how you want to spend your life.

???

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 11:50:41 PM »
Is the medical field really more competitive?

I heard that in the medical field, med school rankings don't matter as much. I mean, doctors who graduate from lower ranked schools, and even foreign graduates, get good professional opportunities. I don't seem to think that that's the case in the legal profession, where rankings can make or break law graduates' careers. Any comments?  

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 02:09:51 PM »
What are your interests?  Research, writing, negotiation, argument analysis?  Or care, diagnosis, interviewing, scientific analysis?

I'm always surprised that people have a hard time picking between two completely different fields.  Law and Medicine don't have much in common other than prestige and money.  If these are your goals you might consider a business profession over two very different service professions.