Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston fan dies....  (Read 813 times)

jgomez

Re: Boston fan dies....
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 03:15:08 PM »
Though tragic that an innocent bystander got killed, I think it's hard to judge whether things got out of hands to justify police force.  If it's not like a cut clear case where it's on video tape or where there is overwhelming evidence like 10 police and 1 person getting beat, it's hard for me or any court not side with law.

superiorlobe

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 06:15:46 PM »
Even when firing "non-lethal" weapons, you should fire at people's legs, not at their heads.

Ninja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 06:34:11 PM »
Similar police actions happened at my school after a basketball game.  Everyone was out in the streets celebrating, and the police decided that we shouldn't be.  They promptly brought out the riot gear and fired pepper spray into the crowds.  Instead of letting the kids finish the celebration and go home, the pepper spray caused a ton of blinded people to try to scatter all at once.  It ended up with a bunch of kids getting kicked out of school and a bunch of pictures posted with rewards.  It gave us a bad rep and led to a bunch of stupid actions by the school to try to prevent future so called riots.