Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSDAS Admission Indexes  (Read 626 times)

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
LSDAS Admission Indexes
« on: October 20, 2004, 11:44:56 AM »
I was checking out my Transcript Documents on my LSDAS account the other day and noticed that there was a PDF file on the page titled Admission Index.  When I opened it, it was a list of all of the admission indexes for all of the law schools.  Does anyone know if this is a generic file on everyone's account or are the admission indexes that are listed specifically for my undergraduate university?

I apologize in advance is someone has already answered this question on another thread.  I looked but couldn't find one that discussed it.
Attending: Texas

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSDAS Admission Indexes
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 11:52:08 AM »
these are generic.  schools don't publish the machinations they put each school through. 

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 11:59:29 AM »
Thanks!

Now I have another question.  I have heard that schools actually apply a multiplier to your GPA based on your undergrad. university.  I have also heard that they just take into "consideration" the quality of the school that you went and the difficulty of your course work but don't actually apply a multiplier based on your school.  Do you know if either of these statements are true or false?

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 12:04:06 PM »
No one here knows with certainty.  Schools don't like for anyone to find that information.

At some time in the past, Berkeley used a scale to rank whether GPAs were worth more or less than face value (not exactly a multiplier).  But then it got leaked and published, then there was an uproar by those schools that were lower on the list.  You'll never get a straight answer anymore.

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 12:31:30 PM »
Thanks for the info.