Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New members on LSD please introduce yourself here  (Read 13146 times)

rhapsody

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: New members on LSD please introduce yourself here
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2004, 10:28:54 PM »

Oh look at the baby . . .

Gaaaa gaaa gooo gooo !!

Welcome rhapsody.

I'm glad this thread is bringing lurkers out of hiding. We dont bite  :)

Why are you leaving your job at the microfiber place? The job sounds exciting.

Thanks for the welcome, Victor.  :)  Actually, her sounds are more like squeaks and squeals, with the more-than-occasional "WAAAAHH!"  She just now discovered her lips, it seems, and is adding smacky sounds to her repertoire.

The job was exciting, until I felt I had mastered my responsibilites, and I got bored.  Plus, I was travelling 80 - 100% of the time, so I can't do that anymore.  And just before I had the baby, my company closed our office in Baltimore and offered relocation to Sturbridge, MA which we're definitely not going to take... so that pretty much limits my options!  To a certain extent I'm leaving specifically because I'm a disgruntled employee who feels there's nothing else I want to do there.  I still really like the technology, though.  Anyway, all that to say that I figured out I would rather be a lawyer than an engineer, so law school, here I come...   ;)

TheDecline

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2004, 10:34:59 PM »
My favorite tv shows are airline, family guy, and antique roadshow. 

The Family Guy is my favorite show.

Victor

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2004, 10:36:50 PM »
I've posted on this things a couple of times already but am pretty new so...

I graduated in '02 with a Journalism-Public Relations degree.  I worked full-time for a year and then returned to school to pursue a Master's degree in Counseling. 

I have lived in Texas my entire life and currently live in San Antonio.  I hope to go to law school in this state (or in a nearby one) and, eventually, practice here.  The main schools that I am interested in are UT, Baylor, UofH, SMU and Tulane.     

I've had a variety of jobs ranging from a writer for a magazine (which is what I do now) to doing behavior therapy with Autistic kids to working for a rehab. company to working in PR for a non-profit that benefited victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.   

I just took the LSAT on Oct. 2nd and have been freaking out waiting for my score.  Hopefully, it will come very soon! 

...and I think that about summarizes everything!

Welcome ElizaB  . . . how is your job as a writer?

All*eggs=1basket

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2004, 10:37:35 PM »
hello everyone, I had been lurking here since about June but have just recently started to post more frequently. I live in the Detroit area, and attend Oakland University, soc/crim justice major (its in rochester, mi...and yes there are cooley 1Ls taught on our campus whom I avoid with extreme caution. My LSAC gpa is 3.68 and like many others I am waiting on my Oct LSAT score. I have good work experience at a large Detroit-based law firm. I am applying to the following schools:
Boston U, Boston C, George Wash, Notre Dame, U of Mich, and Wayne State Univ.

I guess that's about it, but I also want to thank everyone for the excellent advice I have received from this board over the months and I wish everyone the best of luck in law school.
LSDAS GPA 3.71
LSAT 151
Deferred - Wayne State University

DOWNY

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2004, 10:38:09 PM »
Hello everyone,
My name is DOWNY, and I am new here. I promise to be a very helpful member of the community. I will always post helpful things about the LSAT and will post constantly on the "Stupid Games/One Word Thread." I will never use profanity or call other people douchfucks. I will be a very good asset to the board.

DOWNY

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2004, 10:40:17 PM »
haha... you're new downy?  1000+ messages. 
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell

TheDecline

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2004, 10:44:40 PM »
You have a lot to learn my friend, Rando.  Stick with DOWNY and you'll turn out okay.  Well, uhmm, either okay or dead, but stick with DOWNY and you'll have a good time. 

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2004, 10:45:56 PM »
Hello everyone,
My name is DOWNY, and I am new here. I promise to be a very helpful member of the community. I will always post helpful things about the LSAT and will post constantly on the "Stupid Games/One Word Thread." I will never use profanity or call other people douchfucks. I will be a very good asset to the board.

DOWNY

What's up with this?  Did someone lobotomize you?
Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.

namorcram

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2004, 10:55:42 PM »
Hey Victor:

My first corporate job (aka "a real job") was with a company called KeyCorp (http://www.key.com), which is fairly big out here in the Northeast - it's primarily a banking institution, which lends itself to all sorts of employment stability horrors... they eventually wound up laying me off back in '00 after the whole Y2K scare died down.

Since then, I've worked in the IT industry making good $$$ as a Network Engineer, but, ho-hum, it's got almost zero job satisfaction over time...

I've always loved the idea of working with the law and I think that now is the time, if ever there will be a time, for me to take the plunge. I have a different life perspective from many of you on LSD, but, in the end, we all want the same thing, I think: a rewarding, satisfying career.

Here's to us, and the future we're hoping for.  :)

trogdor

• Sr. Citizen
  • the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2004, 10:55:59 PM »
oh i've got no prob with downy.  i'm just wondering how new downy truly is.  just what does downy have to offer?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." Orwell