Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: worthy of an addendum?  (Read 807 times)

victrola

• View Profile
worthy of an addendum?
« on: October 19, 2004, 01:32:59 PM »
i am seriously frustrated by OZ.  i have called, left a message, called again and emailed, none of which have elicited a response.  my problem is that i'm not sure whether or not to include an addendum.  i did a five year program (total 150 credits) because i transferred after my first year.  my CGPA is significantly higher when my final four years are counted, as opposed to all five.  is it possible to ask osgoode to only count the last 4, especially since i more than exceed the credit requirements and switched programs? 

it sucks, too, because by their index calculation, my LSAT receives less weight than most other applicants.  any advice would be greatly appreciated - or tips of how to actually speak to someone at osgoode.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: worthy of an addendum?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 01:37:24 PM »
Don't call and leave a message - even though it says they will call you back within a day, there is no chance of this.  Just call and keep calling until you get someone (and you eventually will).  I called, and was actually surprized with how nice they were.

Worthy of an addendum? yeah ... it's definitely worthy.  I doubt they will really care though to be honest.  If I were you, I would right it, send it to them, and then hope for the best.  Even if they don't discount your first year, they will at least see that you care, and want to attend school there.  It can't hurt  :-\

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 05:23:16 PM »
i am seriously frustrated by OZ.  i have called, left a message, called again and emailed, none of which have elicited a response.  my problem is that i'm not sure whether or not to include an addendum.  i did a five year program (total 150 credits) because i transferred after my first year.  my CGPA is significantly higher when my final four years are counted, as opposed to all five.  is it possible to ask osgoode to only count the last 4, especially since i more than exceed the credit requirements and switched programs? 

it sucks, too, because by their index calculation, my LSAT receives less weight than most other applicants.  any advice would be greatly appreciated - or tips of how to actually speak to someone at osgoode.

Score better than 78th percentile and worst year is discounted.  Specifically called them to check this.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 05:36:52 PM »
really?  that's awesome...but I suppose that pretty much helps everyone that applied (or at least had a chance of getting accepted) there so I guess it won't make a difference.

Gelli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 11:47:51 PM »
They actually exempt your worst year if you score bove 78th percentile? wow! What other law schools do this?

Also, does anyone know where I can find this index calculation thing about lsat vs. gpas?

Score better than 78th percentile and worst year is discounted.  Specifically called them to check this.