Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: class rank and LSDAS  (Read 1310 times)

mrdino

• View Profile
class rank and LSDAS
« on: October 19, 2004, 10:12:37 AM »
Hi, I'm assuming most of you already have acccess to your LSAC-converted transcript (academic information form it's called??).. I was wondering,is class rank indicated anywhere on this LSAC form. Do law schools even care about class rank? or just GPA? thanks

Lipper316

Re: class rank and LSDAS
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 10:17:38 AM »
I'm not sure about class rank. I do know that it does break down the percentiles of GPAs in ur graduating class. 4.0 - 3.7 = 7%......*&^% like that

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 11:17:06 AM »
I don't know about everyone else but on my LSDAS Academic Summary Report my class rank is listed near the top under Notes From Transcript.  It says Academic Honors,Class Rank: 000/000.  I don't know if this is on everyone's ASR or not. Then it says the percentile that my GPA falls into compared with other people applying to law school from my undergrad univ. under transcript analysis.  I'm pretty sure that everyone has this second percentile listed.  What does everyone else's ASR have?   
Attending: Texas

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 11:24:48 AM »
Everyone's percentile is listed.  LSAC also adds on any notes that are printed on your transcript (honors, awards, rank, probation, anything like that)

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 11:28:46 AM »
My second percentile (my GPA percentile compared to other people applying to law school from my university) is much lower than my actual class rank that is posted at the top of my transcript.  I understand that naturally people applying to law school probably tend to have higher GPA's then the general university population but there was a significant difference in the two for me...about 15 percent.  Did anyone else notice this big of a difference on there LSDAS ASR?
Attending: Texas