Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers - Camden  (Read 1751 times)

sailme01

• View Profile
Rutgers - Camden
« on: March 28, 2004, 09:20:16 PM »
After receiving rejections from Washington and Lee, GW, Santa Clara, UNC, and Northeastern, I was happy to be waitlisted vs. rejected at Rutgers - Camden.  Does anyone know more information about their waitlist?  I was thinking I would get one more recommendation and write a letter of continued interest.  My stats are: 155 lsat, 3.68 GPA, graduated from a top 15 university with a degree in civil engineering, and three years of work experience.

Thanks! 

I've heard that Camden sucks and might be a shock to the system after living for a few years in San Francisco. ;)
155 LSAT
3.68 UGPA

blizzard of ozz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.66/163
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rutgers - Camden
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 07:19:19 PM »
It's an excellent school, but Camden is the ghetto-est place on earth. Mind you, I don't think Newark or Harlem are bad neighborhoods at all, so I'm not the prissy type. Camden is a bad neighborhood. Really bad. Go check it out before deciding to go there. It might have changed since the last time I was there, but I doubt it.

sailme01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 12:47:38 AM »
It's funny how law school brochures can make any town seem like a great place. The Rutgers brochure highlights the proximity to Philadephia and the charming waterfront and makes Camden sound pretty nice. I just read some statistics and noticed that the average crime rate is roughly three times the national average. Do you know if there are some areas near Camden (on the NJ side) that are decent? I suspect I would not be studying in my quaint neighborhood cafe. :)

I ultimately hope that my decision will be between San Francisco, New York, or Los Angeles, but who knows.

155 LSAT
3.68 UGPA

mailtime

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 09:28:18 AM »
I live in Cherry Hill, NJ and i drive through Camden every day to get to Philadelphia for work.  I took my LSAT at Rutgers-Camden.  i didnt apply there because of its terrible location in Camden even though i am instate.  Its as ghetto as ghetto gets.  However, go right across the Ben Franklin Bridge and you are in Old City where the the NEw Real World will be and the School is right next to the bridge i mean right next to it.  the building is old and run down in my opionion and the surronding neighborhood is run down.  They are in the process of revitalizing Camden they just complete some luxery loofts in a high rise in Camden and are in the process of doing to Camden what they did to the Balitmore waterfront.  i were going there i would live in 3 spots, one Old City in Philadelphia, but you will have to drive across the bridge everyday and you will not get in state tuition your second year. bridge toll 3 dollars, but its a great area lots bars, great resturants. You could also live in Haddonfield or Collingswood, Haddonfield is dry but is an old town with a mainstreet probably about 10 mintues to the campus, expensive area to buy a house in but you can find apartments for decent prices.  Collingswood is close to Haddonfield and cheaper/younger not dry and is comming up in terms of resturants/shopping. done typing

UD727

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 11:33:41 PM »
Anyone been accepted off of their waitlist yet? Im currently chillin on it myself...
villanova