Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: If I get...  (Read 1802 times)

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: If I get...
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2004, 01:19:31 AM »
If I get a 172+, I'll tell my office people that I'm quitting job and going to law school. It's been hard keeping it a secret.

I've already boasted to everyone I know at the office that I'm headed to a top-5 law school next year.  I need a high LSAT score not to get in to law school (don't want to be a lawyer anyway) but to save face on this board and at work.

LOL!  i made the mistake of sharing my practice scores with friends and family and just because of that i feel a LOT of pressure to do well on the real thing.  they have big expectations for me, and im going to feel like an idiot when i dont meet them.  and your situation is like this but 100x worse.

i dont know why youve put so much pressure on yourself by making outrageous claims like that. i cant imagine the embarrassment you'll face if you dont live up to them.

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2004, 01:52:11 AM »
Aw...

I have a remedy for you guys.  Quit being a couple of jackass braggarts.

;D  ( I didn't really mean it, honest!)
Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********

FSF17

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2004, 02:32:53 AM »
All of my friends think I'm going to Harvard; my mom has the number 172 stuck in her head; people I haven't spoken to in months ask me how the LSAT went; and my GF has, somehow stuck in her head, the notion that one day I'll be the governor of Kentucky. Talk about high expectations!

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2004, 02:36:50 AM »
Yeah, it was really funny how information spread here at school after scores came back.  People that wouldn't give me the time of day before were suddenly IMing me and talking to me, as if I had instantly become more worthwhile    ::)

ericthered

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2004, 06:06:48 AM »
I know what you guys are talking about when the women on campus heard that I had enrolled in a prep course they worse suddenly willing to go hold hands a little harder, kiss a little longer...as if somehow the techniques I was learning would rub off on them.

I was pretty disgusted by thiis personally...but, hey, I take it where I can get. Thanks Kaplan!

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2004, 09:17:38 AM »
hold hands a little harder,
kiss a little longer...

Stay close a little longer
longer with ericthered!

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2004, 10:04:37 AM »
Sounds like me.  The difference between you and me, however, is that I just talk big.  I don't actually think I'm going to score higher than 170.

My low outlier was a 167. I was consistently in the high 170's. I didn't really keep records, thoughh, because I didn't think to look for a pre-law board until after I took the LSAT (and, specifically, wanted to be absolutely SURE the experimental section was 2, since I sniffed it out early and spent at least fifteen minutes doodling).
The difference between you and me is that I have a high GPA.

I have a bit less leeway, due to somewhat odd circumstances; I was working full time during my undergraduate years at a community college, but got a scholarship when I transferred into the University of Arizona. Since then, I was able to only work part time, and my GPA at the U of A is 4.0 (2 semesters; about 40 credit hours). To prove that I have the rigor for law school, I took 22 units in one semester and got a 4.0 in that semester too (18 of A for classes, 4 for S of an internship). I also have awesome letter of reccomendations; I got to see them, and they have the language law school admissions office say they want. My cumulative GPA, however, is only a 3.5. I'm hoping that coupled with a really high LSAT and a Mexican heritage will be enough to put me over the top.

I also have some really good extracurriculars: Shakespeare performances, internship at Senator McCain's office, phi beta kappa, golden key, running the website of a Hollywood writer, etc. The last two are particularly relevant, because I'm talking about taking intellectual property/cyberlaw courses. And, of course, work experience.

/Ramble

Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine