Law School Discussion

some special, some not

absy

• View Profile
some special, some not
« on: October 18, 2004, 09:47:30 AM »
I was just wondering about this.  I am using LSDAS for every school except Stanford.  Do I need to do something special to tell LSAC not to send the letters to Stanford? 

AaronJ

Re: some special, some not
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 09:49:31 AM »
If you dont have an option on line to withhold your apps from specific institutions then you should simply call them(LSAC).

absy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 11:31:57 AM »
Well, I called and I just have to target my letters to every school EXCEPT the one for which I used school-specific letters.

The person on the phone was really really nice.  I always love helpful phone people.

AaronJ

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 02:09:25 PM »
Well, I called and I just have to target my letters to every school EXCEPT the one for which I used school-specific letters.

The person on the phone was really really nice.  I always love helpful phone people.

Kind of what I thought.  It is good to know for sure though.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 02:20:48 PM »
what if we used the old forms and can't target our letters?

i thought they would just be included with the report, and the school would just ignore them if they got specific letters.  i did school-specific for harvard, stanford, and columbia.  i told my recommenders to use the same letter if they want, but just complete the extra form too.

absy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 04:00:05 PM »
You can actually change it online.  I used the generic LSAC form, but you can change the designation in your account.  Let me know if you need pointers on how to do that.