Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deleting Accounts  (Read 3324 times)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: Deleting Accounts
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 01:17:13 AM »
The BU / BC thing is a long time debate.  I always heard that BC tended to do better in Boston and BU did better in NY.  I think that's probably true, but I don't think it's a big difference.

I keep trying to get my friend to post these song lyrics he wrote for the BU Follies show: "Under BC" which was to the tune of "Under the Sea" from the Little Mermaid.  I think it's hilarious - but less relevant now that BU is actually not "under" anymore in US News.  It probably won't last.

Oh - and on this topic I always ask: all things being equal (since they pretty much are), would you rather live in the city or in the suburbs?

Oh - but one more point: Kerry went to BC.  If he wins you'll be on the presidential path at BC!  haha

gobears

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »
LMAO! :)  That's hilarious!  I totally think your friend should post those lyrics anyway.  It sounds really funny.  And thanks for the BC/BU comparison.  I think I'd prefer to live in the suburbs, but my friend probably prefers living in the city.  Speaking of which, are they both in good neighborhoods, even if one's in the city?

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 06:01:48 PM »
who sits around rewriting the words to Disney songs?   ::)

;)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 06:12:46 PM »
BU is in an okay neighborhood - on the studenty side (I don't know if I mean that in a good or bad way).  I can't speak for BC since I've never been drunk enough to fall asleep on the T and end up all the way out there.  I hear the law school isn't at BC itself but requires further travel on a shuttle (of the bus, not space, variety).  It's supposed to be a nice campus though.  BU's building is one of the worst in the nation.

Who re-writes Disney songs?  I've wondered this myself.  It's a tradition at BU to have a sort-of law school musical in the winter with lots of lyric re-writing.  I've heard this happens at other schools (Harvard, BC, and Yale) and people from UF, UT, Hastings, and Tulane have all told me they don't know what I'm talking about - so I don't know if it's a common tradition or not.

lexylit

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 06:20:33 PM »
BU is in an okay neighborhood - on the studenty side (I don't know if I mean that in a good or bad way).  I can't speak for BC since I've never been drunk enough to fall asleep on the T and end up all the way out there.  I hear the law school isn't at BC itself but requires further travel on a shuttle (of the bus, not space, variety).  It's supposed to be a nice campus though.  BU's building is one of the worst in the nation.

BC is gorgeous, and it's within a mile or 2 of newton centre, so it isn't suburban like bumblefuck-suburban, although it isn't boston either. it IS isolated from the rest of campus-- the law school campus consists of the law school (a bunch of buildings all connected) and some random freshman dorms, which sucks for the freshmen i think. i know they have a shuttle to the regular campus (a mile or two away) but my brother went to BC law and i dont think he set foot on the main campus in 3 years there.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2004, 06:29:01 PM »
Who re-writes Disney songs?  I've wondered this myself.  It's a tradition at BU to have a sort-of law school musical in the winter with lots of lyric re-writing.  I've heard this happens at other schools (Harvard, BC, and Yale) and people from UF, UT, Hastings, and Tulane have all told me they don't know what I'm talking about - so I don't know if it's a common tradition or not.

Hooray!  Maybe my "Take Our Test" will find a place in law school, too!

gobears

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2004, 06:54:59 PM »
Hm shoot I wouldn't want to go to a law school that's separated from the main campus.  I need to be part of the undergrad scene and vibe and all that!  So it's BU all the way if I apply.

lexylit

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2004, 07:08:07 PM »
Hm shoot I wouldn't want to go to a law school that's separated from the main campus.  I need to be part of the undergrad scene and vibe and all that!  So it's BU all the way if I apply.

you do have your pick of the freshman undergrads though  ;) it's my impression that the kids in those dorms dine with the LS kids.

gobears

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2004, 09:28:46 PM »
you do have your pick of the freshman undergrads though  ;) it's my impression that the kids in those dorms dine with the LS kids.

Stop messing with my head lexy!  I am so confused now.

Although what are freshmen doing dining with LS students?  That's kinda weird to me.

lexylit

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2004, 12:47:45 AM »
Although what are freshmen doing dining with LS students?  That's kinda weird to me.

i think there's just the one dining hall where the law school is and those freshman dorms are, though i could be mistaken. there is no law school dorm, so the LS kids are eating lunch and studying, and so are the freshmen.