Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deleting Accounts  (Read 3287 times)

gobears

Deleting Accounts
« on: October 17, 2004, 08:46:41 PM »
Hey Andrew.  I just had a quick question.  I noticed that when people delete their accounts, their posts aren't deleted.  Why is that?  I thought that if you deleted your account, everything would be gone?  Cool thanks Andrew.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Deleting Accounts
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 09:09:07 PM »
I think people generally delete their accounts in order to enforce their decision to leave the site and get work done.  It would make some conversations really strange if the posts were suddenly gone.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 09:13:24 PM »
Yeah, the policy is to keep the thread relevant.  When you post something, it's your words, but here it's also part of a conversation.

buster

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 09:14:06 PM »
What is this "work" of which you speak?  ;)

I think people generally delete their accounts in order to enforce their decision to leave the site and get work done.  It would make some conversations really strange if the posts were suddenly gone.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 09:25:12 PM »

I'm really really glad I didn't find this site until this year, when I have ample free time to mess around.  I will definitely have to let it go when it comes time for law school, though.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 09:53:44 PM »

what cracks me up is that buster totally says stuff that i would say too, except that i might not necessarily post it.  but i swear i have many e-mails with my sister where i've asked what the funny W word is...
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

buster

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 10:29:26 PM »
I plan on deferring admission for a year in order to delay that inevitability.  ;)

I will definitely have to let it go when it comes time for law school, though.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 10:33:01 PM »
I may defer.  I'm not sure right now.

gobears

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 11:03:07 PM »
Yeah, the policy is to keep the thread relevant.  When you post something, it's your words, but here it's also part of a conversation.

Ah, gotcha that makes sense.  Thanks Andrew!

Oh hey by the way Andrew, I have a friend who's applying to BC and BU.  Do both schools have a pretty equivalent job placement track in Boston's law firms?  Like if you graduate at about the same rank at both schools, would you pretty much have an equal shot at the same law firms or the same sort of jobs?  Or does one have more of an edge over the other?  Their reputations seem to be about even to us, so it's hard to figure out. Thanks again.

Trancer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 11:04:33 PM »
when LS starts ill miss all of you guys... except Leaf... j/k him too... pinko commy.
Its not the size of the army that counts, its the fury of the onslaught.
Seton Hall, August 05