Law School Discussion

What's the easiest Business major?

Dillon

• View Profile
Re: What's the easiest Business major?
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 04:13:38 PM »
Marketing is a joke; donít do it. Finance is all right but there are a lot of other more specialized fields out the.  My other brother is going back for his MBA this year but he got his undergrad in electrical engineering with a minor in business and worked for IBM corporate the past 7 years.  Businesses are looking for more than a BS in BS all bull.  Get a minor in business and do something more specific... if you want to work when you get out... and do it well!

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 04:21:23 PM »
Tell me Jaxon, why do I need to settle down. These are dumb questions. He needs to participate in a Business School Discussion board if he wants answers about Business and Economic degrees and getting MBAs, and a slacker discussion board for which classes are the easiest.

This kid isn't seriously about law school. If anything he sees it as a way to make money. If he was serious, he wouldn't worry about what classes are the easiest and *&^%. I'm sorry that I am so opinionate about stuff like this, but people that are always looking for the easy way out of everything just piss me off. These are the type of people that go to *&^% law schools and work in bumble-@#!* as injury attorneys.

Quit being a female private part.

You're right to some degree. School, for me, is just a back-up plan. I just want to save up enough money to do what I love and own my own business. I want something that will get me a good back-up plan and is fairly easy. You're really the dumb one if you think a person learns something in undergrad. It's all *&^% in the long run.

Dillon, why do you consider Marketing to be a joke? A lot of companies that I have looked at specifically ask for Marketing majors.

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 04:24:38 PM »
Oh, btw, I don't appreciate being called an idiot. I have a 3.7 GPA and I don't give a *&^% about school and consider myself to be a slacker. However, I am definitely not an idiot.

AaronJ

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 04:25:59 PM »
i agree with you to a point, but i can see good reason to take easier courses if you are serious about going to law school and do not have a good degree of confidence about getting As in tougher classes.. a couple of tents of a point GPA can make the difference between an admit these days. 

Yeah, but adcoms recognize when someone deliberately took the harder classes.  I think it is in everyones best interest to take the most challenging course of study they can and not back down from hard classes for fear of hurting their GPA.  Besides, how do you find out if you are really up for the challenge of an advanced or professional degree?  My attitude was that if I couldnt excell at the hardest UG stuff then I had no business trying to compete in law school.  

I guess it is a matter of your pride.  For me, I refuse to be below the 98th percentile anywhere.

I dont want to be to harsh with Joey.  However, he needs guidance obviously and part of that is knowing when to just grin and bear, for lack of a better term.    

Dillon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 04:32:53 PM »
Your experience is different than mine.  Go for it; it is just my opinion.  If you see opportunity and it turns you on, do it.  I think finance is much more practical.  There are a lot business majors out there.  A minor in business and a degree in say bio/chem would open up just as many doors and keep your options open for the future.  I think a major in business is very limiting.  Marketing is pretty ez and like i said if you want ez do it.  If you want something you may never use again... finance you will use a lot in the future especially if you have/make money...

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 11:50:50 PM »
I also advise you to consider management. Regarding further education, everything will depend on your hobby or ambition. But in any case, this is the area where you need to constantly be aware of events; for example, recently I got acquainted with https://www.bpmonline.com/crm/marketing-automation, which is simply necessary for marketing automation. Thus, it greatly facilitated work with clients, but this is one of the many necessary tools in marketing.