Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's the easiest Business major?  (Read 3600 times)

joeydale

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
What's the easiest Business major?
« on: October 17, 2004, 04:29:24 PM »
I just realized that I might be able to graduate in time if I get a degree in Marketing or Finance - if I take summer classes etc. Which business major is generally considered to be the easiest with the least amount of math and good job prospects?

I am also considering just continuing with my Psych major and then deciding later whether I want to due law or get an MBA. However, if I get the job that I want straight out of school, in the long run I might be better off just getting a Marketing degree and no additional schooling. If in 10 years I have the job that I want, I probably won't want to go back and get my MBA and it'll probably be safer if I had a Marketing degree instead of Psych - know what I mean?

Thanks again guys.

Babalaco

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - babalaco
    • View Profile
Re: What's the easiest Business major?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 04:42:50 PM »
I just realized that I might be able to graduate in time if I get a degree in Marketing or Finance - if I take summer classes etc. Which business major is generally considered to be the easiest with the least amount of math and good job prospects?

I am also considering just continuing with my Psych major and then deciding later whether I want to due law or get an MBA. However, if I get the job that I want straight out of school, in the long run I might be better off just getting a Marketing degree and no additional schooling. If in 10 years I have the job that I want, I probably won't want to go back and get my MBA and it'll probably be safer if I had a Marketing degree instead of Psych - know what I mean?

Thanks again guys.

1. Many of the people on this board are over-achievers. We majored in fields that interested us and worked hard in them, not considering the ease of other possible majors.

2. Many people here want to go to law school and could give 2 shits about MBA programs.

3. You are losing repsect real quick with your daily posts about what is the easiest major.

You're a slacker - we get it. Go work at Wal-mart if you want to do something easy.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 04:44:25 PM »
Management is probably the easiest one.  Good luck.

AaronJ

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 05:50:34 PM »

You're a slacker - we get. Go work at Wal-mart if you want to do something easy.

Whoa, take it easy man.  Well, okay, you're right on all points. 

Dont take the easy road.  Have a stiff upper lip and do something that challenges you.

btw-MBA's will be our bitches.

Dillon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 07:00:07 PM »
finance for sure.... because it is interesting.  Marketing is for hollow heads.  Maybe you should do that  :-*

jaxon

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 07:02:44 PM »
you need to settle down.

Thanks again guys.

1. Many of the people on this board are over-achievers. We majored in fields that interested us and worked hard in them, not considering the ease of other possible majors.

2. Many people here want to go to law school and could give 2 shits about MBA programs.

3. You are losing repsect real quick with your daily posts about what is the easiest major.

You're a slacker - we get it. Go work at Wal-mart if you want to do something easy.

joeydale

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 07:04:48 PM »
I'm actually not a slacker. I have a 3.7 in my core classes and a few Psych/Business classes.  ;) I just don't really give a *&^% about school in general - I just want to have a solid back-up plan if I decide not to go to law school.

jaxon

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 07:08:39 PM »
if you want a back up plan, why not put in some hard work and get a degree with some value like accounting.  accounting majors probably have some of the best career prospects right now without further education.  probably start slightly lower then engineering as far as salary, but can move up quicker in some cases.  if you are in school, you might as well get something of value for your money.  other then core B-school courses, marketing and management majors do not gain much of substance.

Babalaco

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - babalaco
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 07:09:20 PM »
Tell me Jaxon, why do I need to settle down. These are dumb questions. He needs to participate in a Business School Discussion board if he wants answers about Business and Economic degrees and getting MBAs, and a slacker discussion board for which classes are the easiest.

This kid isn't seriously about law school. If anything he sees it as a way to make money. If he was serious, he wouldn't worry about what classes are the easiest and *&^%. I'm sorry that I am so opinionate about stuff like this, but people that are always looking for the easy way out of everything just piss me off. These are the type of people that go to *&^% law schools and work in bumble-@#!* as injury attorneys.

Quit being a female private part.

jaxon

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 07:12:34 PM »
i agree with you to a point, but i can see good reason to take easier courses if you are serious about going to law school and do not have a good degree of confidence about getting As in tougher classes.. a couple of tents of a point GPA can make the difference between an admit these days. 

but, i agree, he should get something of substance with his time..  most people dont even have the opportunity to go to college.  people should make the most of it. 

Tell me Jaxon, why do I need to settle down. These are dumb questions. He needs to participate in a Business School Discussion board if he wants answers about Business and Economic degrees and getting MBAs, and a slacker discussion board for which classes are the easiest.

This kid isn't seriously about law school. If anything he sees it as a way to make money. If he was serious, he wouldn't worry about what classes are the easiest and *&^%. I'm sorry that I am so opinionate about stuff like this, but people that are always looking for the easy way out of everything just piss me off. These are the type of people that go to *&^% law schools and work in bumble-@#!* as injury attorneys.

Quit being a female private part.