Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: No More Pictures in Signatures  (Read 5856 times)

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: No More Pictures in Signatures
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2004, 12:48:12 AM »
"Here's my number.  Call me sometime   :-*"

10 minutes later... "I think you're cute; do you want my number?"

10 minutes later... "Oh my god, we're like perfect for each other.  Give me a call"

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2004, 12:53:38 AM »
and in between each of those comments, you're trying your best to ignore her to give her a hint that you're not interested.  it's very sad.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

lexylit

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2004, 01:56:18 AM »
I support both the height restriction and the removal of pictures from signatures. Other things I support include John Kerry, cursing and the f-ing Red Sox.

i f-ing love the f-ing sox! wooooooo. and kerry too. but cursing is foul   >:(

HTFH

buster

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2004, 08:13:11 AM »
Yeah, that must have been rough for the old me when the Bulls won SIX NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS, YOU INGRATE.

i'm a bulls fan, so i kinda understand :)  at least you guys *make* it to the world series.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2004, 12:20:49 PM »
Yeah, that must have been rough for the old me when the Bulls won SIX NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS, YOU INGRATE.

i'm a bulls fan, so i kinda understand :)  at least you guys *make* it to the world series.

i was really young then and didn't pay much attention.  i got into it three years ago, when they had just gotten chandler and curry, and everyone thought they'd be great, but instead curry became a fatass and chandler stayed a skinny ass.  and then jay williams came, but he had his motorcycle accident.  you think there's silver lining to the cloud, but then it turns out that it's just the edge of a razor blade.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

buster

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2004, 12:27:36 PM »
My admiration and affection for the old me preclude the unleashing of the full extent of my wrath regarding this hopelessly naive comparison; it must therefore suffice for me to say only this...pffft.

i was really young then and didn't pay much attention.  i got into it three years ago, when they had just gotten chandler and curry, and everyone thought they'd be great, but instead curry became a fatass and chandler stayed a skinny ass.  and then jay williams came, but he had his motorcycle accident.  you think there's silver lining to the cloud, but then it turns out that it's just the edge of a razor blade.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2004, 12:36:36 PM »
My admiration and affection for the old me preclude the unleashing of the full extent of my wrath regarding this hopelessly naive comparison; it must therefore suffice for me to say only this...pffft.

ha ha, i realize the inaccuracy of the comparison; my point is just that i did not revel in the joy of those 6 championships, and now i'm suffering along with my team.  i still feel for the new me.

buster

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2004, 12:39:12 PM »
okay, then

but color yourself chastised!  ::)

ha ha, i realize the inaccuracy of the comparison; my point is just that i did not revel in the joy of those 6 championships, and now i'm suffering along with my team.  i still feel for the new me.

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Leaf2001br
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2004, 12:53:08 PM »
Andrew,
I personally like the ability to post pictures on the post as a means of expression and  breaking the monotony.  I also do some web design as a hobby and part-time work and enjoy graphic/photoediting.   I suppose it's fair to remove large, spacious images from the signature line since some become tiresome, but I still would like to be able to post images of decent size in the post.  One does have to go to a certain amount of trouble everytime they do this (upload a picture to a web-based directory, enter the img tags and url, etc.), so I don't see it becoming a rampant problem.  Just another fun dynamic of this board.  (and sorry about the giant cockroach ekc, the size was just for the fear effect!  No more giant bugs I promise!)  Oh, and I also like the idea of slightly larger avatars.  After all, avatars are wildly popular!  (see my recent data study of most discussed LSD topics).

Ok, well I guess my background tends to make me want to preserve photos and graphics in every case.  Just my opinion, it may not be representative, but thanks anyway!  Andrew you maintain a great site and you are very fair and open as a moderator.  (Am I ass-kissing?  maybe a little.  But is it true?  Definitely!)

"What is Legal?  What is Illegal?  What is 'Barely Legal'?"  - Ali G

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2004, 12:05:49 AM »
We're going with a 200px height limit now.  We'll see how that goes for a while.

As for avatars.  I'll think about increasing the size limit.  I'm not against big avatars, but there are a still a lot of people using lower-res displays, and they can make the avatars too big relative to everything else.