Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OH MY GOD IT'S RAINING!  (Read 1566 times)

noell

Re: OH MY GOD IT'S RAINING!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 09:28:26 PM »
It is also raining here ... although I am not very surprised at this fact, because I live in Portland, Oregon.  Although I am rather concerned about the coldness of the weather.  I think it is in my future to trade my rain jacket for my winter coat.  Brrrrr ...

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Leaf2001br
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 09:40:31 PM »
When I arrived at LAX a couple of years ago it was pouring.  To be honest I was alittle disappointed:  Palm trees and rain...Did we just land back in New Orleans?  But the rain quickly let up and it's true about SoCal'ers not knowing what to do in the rain,  in the time it took us to get from the airport to Santa Monica, we saw two wrecks on the wet roads.  The coup de grace was some guy walking in front of who just wiped out and bit it on the slick sidewalk.  I tried to stifle the laugh as best as I could, I promise.  Amateurs.

this morning my roommate and i got excited that we could wear turtlenecks for the first time in a year or so :D

...Glad to see your date went well, Lexy!   ;)
"What is Legal?  What is Illegal?  What is 'Barely Legal'?"  - Ali G

inthesun

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 10:02:15 PM »
I love rain.  I love it, I love it, I love it.  The sky has been teasing me with many clouds, the temperature is finally steadily below the 100s, yet no rain.  Rain dammit!

dr_draino

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 10:04:27 PM »
I love rain.  I love it, I love it, I love it.  The sky has been teasing me with many clouds, the temperature is finally steadily below the 100s, yet no rain.  Rain dammit!

If you love the rain so much...then why the hell are you so in love with AZ?  Why "inthesun"?  :-*

gobears

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 10:05:11 PM »
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 01:39:28 AM »
Heh, it's snowing today.  It's been snowing the last 2 or 3 days. 

Funny thing is, the roads are covered in ice, and we 'veterans' are still like, "wtf people, learn how to drive!  It's only a little snow and ice- under one foot still!  Jesus!!"

You 'so-cal' people wouldn't stand a chance   ::)
Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 02:10:16 AM »
Heh, it's snowing today.  It's been snowing the last 2 or 3 days. 

Funny thing is, the roads are covered in ice, and we 'veterans' are still like, "wtf people, learn how to drive!  It's only a little snow and ice- under one foot still!  Jesus!!"

You 'so-cal' people wouldn't stand a chance   ::)

I love the praries (and I used to live there) but my memories of snow storms in early and mid October (although, granted, it doesn't always happen) are not ones I remember fondly.
No longer here.

fingerscrossed

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 02:25:42 AM »
I'm in LA as well and am confounded by the Storm Team Coverage.  I love how they put people "in the field," i.e. poor schmucks standing out in the rain in their lame ponchos.  I really like this weather we're having though, it's a nice change from constant sunshine-obstructing smog.  Smog blows.
"You know that Pepperidge Farm bread, that stuff is fancy. That stuff is wrapped twice. You open it, and then still ain't open. That's why I don't buy it, I don't need another step between me and toast."

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 04:00:44 AM »
I'm in LA as well and am confounded by the Storm Team Coverage.  I love how they put people "in the field," i.e. poor schmucks standing out in the rain in their lame ponchos.  I really like this weather we're having though, it's a nice change from constant sunshine-obstructing smog.  Smog blows.

yeah, i will never understand the need to send people out "in the field."  just tell me it's pouring; i'll believe you.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2004, 04:11:56 AM »
I always like hearing from the pissed off truckers.  Californians head to the snow on I80 or US 50, the major routes, for Norcal, and people never could drive in the rain, add snow?  Complete idiots.  The highway patrol has to put up chain restrictions because all the yuppies with SUV 4X4's think you can stop faster even though they have the same braking system of a regular car.  Truckers on the news, "it's barely snowing, I have to chain up because of all you idiots?"  Yes Sir.  We are dumbasses.  I only spent one night in a snow bank after spinning out.  My friend and I were so drunk, we just passed out til am.  Dug out of the car, got a lift to town, got a tow truck, and we couldn't find my car because it began snowing so hard again.  That was an expensive lesson.  Life was fun at 18
 ;D
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..