Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: comparison  (Read 2038 times)

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: comparison
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2004, 02:33:12 PM »
Or...people who bubbled things in wrong accidentally?

Apparently the score curve is like a bell curve; lots of people getting 140-160, few getting between 160-180 and few between 120-140.  I think to get a 120, you have to fill your name in.  And that's it.
HLS

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2004, 02:38:05 PM »
yeah, it's a bell-curve with the median at 150 and I'm pretty sure it follows a normal distribution.  I think 120 means you got something like 0-12 right? but I'm not sure.  Even if you randomly bubbled the test sheet, you'd still get around 130.

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2004, 04:20:05 PM »
Yeah.  My testmasters tutor dude was reeeally quite...unencouraging about that.  After the first diagnostic, he basically told people who got below a 140 that maybe they should consider a different profession.  !  I mean sure, if you study for three months and that's the case, he's got a point.  But after the first one???  Cruel.
HLS

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2004, 09:55:57 PM »
Dolcejn-what sort of LSAT material have you been studying?
Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2004, 03:32:32 AM »

Mostly just doing one/two practice tests a week for the past couple months, but only the twelve most recent.  The best reviewing anyone can do I think is to go over with a fine-tooth comb all the questions you get wrong on your practice tests.  Figure out why you got each question wrong and, even if you disagree with the test people, teach yourself to answer questions the way they want you to.  And take your practice tests at the exact time as your real test will be.  And get exercise beforehand, so your body is happy about sitting for four hours.  And no foods that make you sleepy: just a piece of fruit or a powerbar right before the exam, and a peanut butter sandwich or something at the break.  I know a lot of this is just psychological, but it can really make a difference; I think training for a test is a lot like training for a race.  Your body/mind has to be able to do the test on auto-pilot so that even if nerves get to you on the test, it won't matter, because you've done this thing so many times in the same way that it's no problem.

Lol, reading back, I sound like a total-nut case.  But whatever works!

P.S. Testmasters180 is good, not so much for the classes, but because you have a deadline to keep your studying on track and endless practice problems to do.

HLS

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2004, 12:40:43 PM »
Your advice sounds remarkable sound for a total nut case. ;)

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2004, 01:06:11 PM »
Your advice sounds remarkable sound for a total nut case. ;)

Hey, that was nice of you to say! :) 

...so I guess I shouldn't mention the whole layering clothing thing as well.  Because that really would be nutty.

Nah, everyone here is friendly and won't judge :)  Wearing a t-shirt under a sweatshirt is good, so you can be comfortable with whatever the temperature is in the testing room.  A sweater isn't a bad idea under the sweatshirt, so you can use the sweatshirt to pad your seat if it's digging into your back.

k i'm stopping now.
HLS

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2004, 04:14:44 PM »
I like the sweatshirt padding the chair idea.  You're even smarter than your practice test scores indicate. ;)

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2004, 05:07:29 PM »
Man, all this flattery's going to my head.  8)

HLS