Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: comparison  (Read 2066 times)

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: comparison
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004, 01:56:19 PM »
Oh that's so annoying about the recommendations.  Professors I think are used to those kinds of requests, so it should work out, esp. if you provide them with addressed and stamped envelopes. 
HLS

NeverForever

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2004, 01:56:34 PM »
I will be applying to 15 schools as well. I have seven apps out already and hopefully I will have the rest out by the end of next week.

I'm having trouble with my LORs too. One is not processed yet, but I'm still hoping I'll make Nov. 15th EA deadlines.

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2004, 01:58:37 PM »
Wow, fifteen seems like a popular number.  My 11 is starting to seem paltry...maybe I should throw a few more random ones in there.
HLS

NeverForever

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 01:59:54 PM »
Wow, fifteen seems like a popular number. My 11 is starting to seem paltry...maybe I should throw a few more random ones in there.

Haha. Don't worry about it. The 15 schools is just my insecurities showing through. I'm scared I won't get in!

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 02:01:39 PM »
Oh god me too.  I've heard so many awful horror stories about people applying to 10 and not getting into any.

Sorry, that's probably not helping with the confidence bit. But you know, there's a reason those things are horror stories - because they very, very rarely happen! :) :) :)
HLS

NeverForever

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2004, 02:04:51 PM »
I know, and all those stories are freaking me out!

I have heard though that about 50% of people who apply to law school aren't accepted anywhere, and I'm assuming that applies to people with LSATs in the 130's range, but it still gets me.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2004, 02:09:32 PM »

I have heard though that about 50% of people who apply to law school aren't accepted anywhere, and I'm assuming that applies to people with LSATs in the 130's range, but it still gets me.

Yeah, you can remember that 50% of people who take the LSAT get below 150.  So you can probably assume that you're not in the lower 50% of applicants.

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2004, 02:18:19 PM »

Yeah, you can remember that 50% of people who take the LSAT get below 150. So you can probably assume that you're not in the lower 50% of applicants.

Wow, really???  Actually I guess that's not surprising; probably a lot of those who get under 150 would get a much higher score with preparation.  I think it's easy to underestimate how important studying for this test really is.
HLS

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2004, 02:23:19 PM »
I agree, so many people I know took this test cold, or by studying the minimun and taking 1-3 practice tests.
You can't get accepted to a school if you don't apply

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sportseditor23

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2004, 02:29:24 PM »
last night, in the middle of a drunken half-passed out state ... I was laying wondering who scores in the 120's?  There are so many 170+ people around ... so there has to be an equal number of 120s.  I'd imagine that people who score this low basically put in zero practice time but I would be curious if this was actually the case.