Law School Discussion

first practice test = 155...i'm REALLY bad at games

nathanielmark

Re: first practice test = 155...i'm REALLY bad at games
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 07:02:10 AM »
good grief.  the bless you lady says it all. i took the test just over 5+ years ago, and did not prep very hard, though i did take a kaplan course.  at the time, believe it or not, a 165 was a top 10 law school score, and since i was hitting that without much extra work, i did not see the need to break my back.

but yes, i remember the first kaplan monitored test, i really blew the games section.  i almost took a course this time around for the sole reason of getting monitored tests. i just couldnt justify the money though, knowing that the rest of the class would be relatively useless to me.  but i will take your advice and take a couple full timed tests on someone elses watch.  i was hoping that all the timed work i do now would do enough, but it cant hurt to be extra prepared.

i hope i dont have any idiots in my testing room like the bless you lady.  i have heard that not many people take the june test so i am hoping it will be in a small class with 30 or so students, unlike the last one that had over a hundred.

dta

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 12:03:38 PM »
here in Austin, the june test is completely filled - no more slots available. You have to go to Houston, San-Antonio, or Dallas to take the exam. And even those are almost full. Anyone in texas who waits much longer to sign up will have to go out of state to take the exam!

Great - even more pressure to get a high score. Seems everyone is coming out of the wood-work to go to law school. Wish this damn economy would pick up and everyone forgets about law school.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 12:33:09 PM »
Yeah I know, why don't some people leave law school to those who REALLY want to go and have always wanted to become successful attorneys!

nathanielmark

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 12:57:33 PM »

Wish this damn economy would pick up and everyone forgets about law school.

I don't think its the economy so much as the job market.  I work for a large IT services company myself and am going back to school partially because i see the writing on the wall for corporate work in the 5+ year horizon and don't want to be stuck flipping burgers.

More importantly, i get about as much satisfaction from my work as I do from cleaning the toilet.  but the money is reasonable, the benefits are good, workload is pretty easy, so i really have nothing to complain about.  im hoping i can keep this job until i graduate.

so much for my theory about the june LSAT, with my luck it will be in a hot room with no AC and marching band practice outside.