Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Extracurricular on Resume or Application  (Read 877 times)

Omey

• If it dont make dollaz, IT DONT MAKE SENSE!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Omeezy450
    • View Profile
Extracurricular on Resume or Application
« on: October 16, 2004, 11:32:24 AM »
Ok so finishing up these applications I'm noticing a variation on extracurricular activities.  Some schools just ask you put them on your resume, which is really convenient.  Other schools give you the option of either listing them on the application or putting them on your resume, still good.  Then some schools ask you to list your extracurriculars on the actual application (and one of them only gave like 2 lines to do it).  Mainly for all of them I want to just submit a resume with this information so under that section I've been putting, "Included in Resume".  Is this a bad idea?  Should I just fill out the section and submit my resume?  Thanks gang.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Extracurricular on Resume or Application
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 03:57:03 PM »
I did both.  Filled out the application and attached a resume.

Omey

• If it dont make dollaz, IT DONT MAKE SENSE!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Omeezy450
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 02:46:31 AM »
Cheeks u should be an online pre-law advisor.  You could probably get a job as a school's advisor for like the rest of the year.  Thanks for all the help bro.

Gin&Juice

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 05:46:31 AM »
Hey I had a question pertaining to this.  Some apps say list and describe activities, or list and describe scholarships on a separate attachment.  On my resume, I listed everything and described it.  Do u think it is okay to just copy and paste this (descriptions on resumes are usually sentence fragments).  In this section is it okay to have descriptions like a resume (full of action verbs, etc.), or should i rewrite a paragraph on each?
"I'm Rich Biaaattcchh!!"

russiankitty

• MSN Messenger - zoueva@aya.yale.edu
    • AOL Instant Messenger - morphy4444
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 09:28:33 AM »
Mainly for all of them I want to just submit a resume with this information so under that section I've been putting, "Included in Resume".  Is this a bad idea?  Should I just fill out the section and submit my resume?  Thanks gang.

i read in montauk's book that you shouldn't say " included in resume" if they ask you to list something on the app. it wasn't montauk who said it but some admissions person (from NYU i think) so now i'm paranoid about doing that. but that doesn't mean you should be....

scc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 09:36:37 AM »
NYU is pretty anal about making sure things are on their application, from what I've seen...I don't think other schools mind.  I think the best thing to do is write the major ones on the application and then if you run out of room, write "see attached" or "see resume."  Unless, of course, the application says you can write it on their three lines or attach a resume...then just stick with the resume.