Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC Prompt  (Read 525 times)

maggiemoo

BC Prompt
« on: October 15, 2004, 11:15:48 PM »
How does one demonstrate their capacity for law school? My essay answers the first half of the question (my desire to attend) but I'm not sure what they're looking for when they say demonstrate your capacity for law school. Do they mean, show how you're academically capable, I'd think your GPA demonstrates this and your LSAT shows your potential....what are they looking for?

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: BC Prompt
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 02:49:55 AM »
i would guess workload( school and otherwise), because gpa isnt always a great indicator--you could always have your dean evaluate the difficulty of your course selection and include that, or discuss a specific course or activity you were involved with that required serious dedication or forced you to think critically "like a lawyer"
but this is all blaringly obvious and straight from my ... so good luck and sorry if this was post was just a huge letdown :)!
158, 3.3
Accepted: Samford, South Texas, Georgia State
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond
Rejected: U Houston, Emory, Wake

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!

NeverForever

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 02:53:08 AM »
Is this a prompt for their personal statement?

maggiemoo

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 10:18:46 AM »
Yeah, the prompt is "Please provide with a personal statement that reflects your capcity to enter legal study and desire to enter the legal profession." I've got the desire to enter the legal prof down, but how does one directly reflect capacity to enter legal study int he personal statement? 

NeverForever

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 12:27:30 PM »
I answered the promts that goes something like "share an experience that shaped your world view and inspired you to enter the legal profession".

But I think in your case you could talk about your skills, like attention to detail and concentration. You could say how your personaility predisposes you to the legal profession and how your studies just amplified your abilities.

maggiemoo

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 02:06:34 PM »
Thanks! That helps  :)