Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who will be the most Successful AND Famous attorney from LSD?  (Read 2183 times)

vmersich

Re: Who will be the most Successful AND Famous attorney from LSD?
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2004, 12:10:50 PM »
Abs, I'm curious, what's your take on the whole gay marriage issue?

The civil union issue is a tricky one. Sure, you get all the rights and benefits of the state, but none from the federal government and your partnership is not portable. Marriage has the unique ability to be transferred from state to state (DOMA notwithstanding).

If a civil union were formed that mirrored the rights and benefits of marriage in every way, then I would be pragmatically satisfied but principally disappointed. The issue is of equal protection, and so I would want marriage. As I see it marriage is either a sacred covenant that government has no part in, or a right and responsibility open to all couples. You can't have it both ways.

This is clearly a good case for predicting the fame of Abs.  If I were gay, this issue would make me so f-ing mad.  Even madder than it makes me now.  Yet he has the self-control to post what I quoted: a thoughtful, well-reasoned, concise position.  Even more impressive is that he used the word recuse.

lexylit

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2004, 03:03:07 PM »
somehow I think that one day we will all know the name of Lexy Snuggles

:-*

i was voted most likely to be famous in high school! i guess that just means i'll definitely have to do you guys (desi anyway) proud  :D

dustoffdax

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life is Bueno!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2004, 03:11:13 PM »
I was voted mostly likely to drop out of school and become a barber. Still might be an option, it depends on the 2 Oct score. 8)

muyaha

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2004, 03:15:01 PM »
i smoked way too much pot to remember highschool

Still.I.Rise

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2004, 03:30:06 PM »
Me, baby, me!

zxcvbnm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2004, 03:30:13 PM »
Even the most fabulously successful and famous attorney in the world is still just... an attorney. Depressing thought.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2004, 03:44:49 PM »
This is clearly a good case for predicting the fame of Abs.  If I were gay, this issue would make me so f-ing mad.  Even madder than it makes me now.  Yet he has the self-control to post what I quoted: a thoughtful, well-reasoned, concise position.  Even more impressive is that he used the word recuse.

Getting pissed off won't help all that much.  Doing something (i.e. working for the ACLU, educating fellow students, lobbying Congress) can.

vmersich

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2004, 04:52:33 PM »
Again, abs, this is evidence that you are a reasonable, thoughtful person.  Exactly the sort of qualities that make for effective leadership.  I think I'd vote for you, if you ran for some sort of office.

lexylit

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2004, 05:00:24 PM »
Again, abs, this is evidence that you are a reasonable, thoughtful person.  Exactly the sort of qualities that make for effective leadership.  I think I'd vote for you, if you ran for some sort of office.

he's going to be my clubbingbuddy and you can't have him. don't be jealous!

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2004, 05:22:19 PM »
Viva's senator by day, Lexy's clubbing buddy by night.   8)  I could live with that.