Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: need help with PS--PLEASE READ!  (Read 529 times)

ucla05

• View Profile
need help with PS--PLEASE READ!
« on: October 15, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »
Like many of you on this board I have not written my PS yet.   
 I kind of want to write about the past few years and my college experience and my life in general but I'm not sure if it'd be a good idea, I'll let you guys read a very brief story and let me know what you think
...I came to the US in 1995, started JC in 96, wanted to go to med school, wasn't going full time because of work and also because I wanted to keep my grades up. (little did I know what a stupid mistake that was) a couple years later my mom and my younger sister moved here. i finally transferred to a 4 year university in 2000 and changed my major. by this time, we both had a full time job and I was commuting to school three times a week. things weren't going smoothly, so I took a semester off to start a business which required little effort, thinking that I'd be able to go to school while maintaining a decent sourse of income. I was wrong! it didn't work out and I just said to myself @#!* it... so I moved out, got an apartment next to school, took out a loan and used my credit cards to pay for other expenses. I finally graduated in 2003 with a 3.68. my gpa from CC is much lower, around 3.1 or 3.2. (took a lot of science courses)....I have been working full time since then and waiting for my LSAT score which I think could be anywhere from 155-162.
do you guys think i could write my PS based on the terrible decissions I have made in school and tell them what I've learned from those decisions and tell them how pathetic I was not to go full time and how I dropped some classes just before the finals because i wasn't getting an A?? I feel like a loser now that i look back! in high school i was a top student with so much potential ...but now i just keep wondering what went wrong.