Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Really stupid addendum--does it even need to be written???  (Read 683 times)

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
Really stupid addendum--does it even need to be written???
« on: October 15, 2004, 07:34:33 PM »
Here's what I tried to write--is this enough? Any thoughts?

foxnewssucks

Re: Really stupid addendum--does it even need to be written???
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 07:38:12 PM »
I think that what you have written would be perfect.  As far as actually sending it in... I think it would be the safe thing to do since it is so difficult to determine what the schools actually want reported.

murpheys_law

• midwesterner ready for the coast
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 11:12:31 AM »
...university-issued campus bus pass had been seized from another student...

Just make sure you say seized by another student and not seized from another student.
GPA:  3.72
LSAT: TBA

alannauf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 11:38:49 AM »
I think she meant that the school had seized the bus pass "from" another student, not that the it was seized "by" another student. I'm not totally sure though, that's just what I got from it.

...university-issued campus bus pass had been seized from another student...

Just make sure you say seized by another student and not seized from another student.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 12:58:21 PM »
yeah, I think "from" is correct.  But maybe "confiscated" or something similar would be a better word than seized?

Dillon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 03:47:22 PM »
All of the aps I am looking at are referring to a court, like did you get busted with cocaine and then have it expunged after doing your community service like our president in 1972.  Normally they ask about your school affairs separately.  But the paragraph concerning arrested, cited, ticketed for or charged with a violation of the law… is pertaining to your criminal record not your record with your school.  Maybe dif on some other aps.  Expunged is something that was one your record which was later removed; not something that was never on your record.  However it looks honorable and frivolous enough and adds a notion of innocence.