Law School Discussion

If you were expecting an email, would you check it more often?

A226

• View Profile
If you were expecting an email, would you check it more often?
« on: October 15, 2004, 01:18:17 PM »
I had to email a professor about an LOR since he doesn't teach here anymore. He said he would do and I immediately emailed all my info to him and said thank a million times. It's just about a week later and as far as my email is telling me, he hasn't even opened the email yet. I'm sorta freaking because if it's going to be a week+ between emails, this will take forever. If the email wasn't sent back then he did get it right? Sorry for the rant.

Re: If you were expecting an email, would you check it more often?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 01:41:22 PM »
This actually happened to me to.  The recommender just missed my original email.  I politely emailed to check up on the progress.  Saying I hadn't heard back from you, so I just to make sure they received the email.  That shouldn't be too bad.  Good Luck!

A226

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 02:04:21 PM »
So they didn't send your original email back? Hmm now i'm debating sending it to him again. The last time he emailed me back was a Friday/Saturday so maybe he's a weekend email checker. If not I may re-send the email. Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 02:21:30 PM »
I usually woul say a week is appropriate to email again.  In my case, I requested explicitly that they respond to the email to ensure the request was received.  This way they feel obligated to inform you of the status.  As long as you don't come off as rude or pushy, the recommend should understand your anxiety.  Email the recommender and find out where stand.

A226

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 08:19:07 PM »
I re-sent the email last night and wrote that the original email got returned to me so I was re-sending just in case. I apologized in case it was overkill. He ended up thanking me for re-sending and said he was going to get on it. Good thing I emailed him then.

Dillon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 12:52:43 AM »
I would get a backup lor, my brother had one prof take 2 months to do his... he almost had probs with american becuase it was so late.