Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The TRUTH behind the "popped collar" phenomenon  (Read 956 times)

DESI

Re: The TRUTH behind the "popped collar" phenomenon
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 06:30:03 PM »
I think the popped collar style is awful, especially when the shirt is pastel (especially when the shirt is pink - WTF is up with pink shirts?).  I was very anti-popped collar, but I haven't seen one in a few weeks.  Then again, all I have seen in the past few weeks is LS, my casebooks, the library, and, of course, LSD.

If you pop your collar, more power to you, but you wouldn't be a friend of mine (or at least I wouldn't allow you to have it popped in my presence).

D

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 07:04:10 PM »
Its the return of the yuppie. We are on a slight 80s repeat. Bad economy but young professionals with out responsibility who can spend a lot of dough and worship materialism. Probably an unpopular opinion in a law school forum  :P
Rickie Schroeder wore a popped collar on Silver Spoons. What have we come to?
If you reverse the time back 15 years ago, I was sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to actually pay for a bus.

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 08:47:40 PM »
i think a popped collar looks stupid and i automatically assume everyone who wears a shirt like that is a giant feminine hygiene product.

D

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 09:01:43 PM »
agreed. or an erect penis.
If you reverse the time back 15 years ago, I was sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to actually pay for a bus.

alannauf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2004, 12:01:24 AM »
i have an uncle from scotland who has been popping his collar for like 10 years. i always thought it was some weird thing he did, because he thought it made him look taller. now all of a sudden, all over my campus, guys and girls are popping their collars. i still think it looks silly.

filet o' fish

• Sr. Citizen
  • yum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 12:39:40 PM »
Do you pop your collar, Tim?
"Would you listen to me? Filet O' Fish."
"Filet a' Fish."

"No."

"I don't quite understand."