Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How late can someone get wait listed?  (Read 1622 times)

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
How late can someone get wait listed?
« on: March 26, 2004, 01:28:09 PM »
I haven't heard back from any of my schools yet (applied late). Is there any chance (in your opinions) that I could get waitlisted, or is that uncommon this late in the game?

I humbly apologize if this is considered off-topic.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

youngchi

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How late can someone get wait listed?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 06:05:38 PM »
hey i was wondering the same thing. i think if you apply late enough and you are a maybe i think they just hold you and put your app into the waitlist section without technically waitlisting you. i think waitlist is just a courtesy for ppl who apply early so that they dont have to wait 4 months and not hear a word back.

blizzard of ozz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.66/163
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 01:30:32 PM »
I just got my W&M waitlist, today. HTH

penn5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 02:44:30 PM »
You could be wait listed for sure. The no question rejects get sent out promptly.

Aonghus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 06:15:58 PM »
I honestly think some schools who run more than 1 acceptance 'cycle' wait list without having an official waitlist.  If they have enough interest that they think they can fill their class with 'auto admits' they send out the acceptance letters and let everyone else swing in the breeze for a while.... once the deposits come back, then they issue a second round of acceptance letters.

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 08:04:29 PM »
My guess is that if you haven't been rejected yet there is a good chance that you will be waitlisted.  I was also waitlisted at William & Mary this Sat.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 07:46:14 PM »
I applied pretty late and got waitlisted at a bunch of schools ... I think applying late actually increases your chances of being waitlisted since they have already admitted most of their class, so if they don't want to reject ypou outright they may waitlist you until they see what their yield looks like.