Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: question about transmitting applications  (Read 466 times)

newperson

question about transmitting applications
« on: October 14, 2004, 01:04:36 PM »
I was going to transmit my first four or five apps today. One thing I noticed is that several schools say on their websites that you can pay the app. fee by credit card on LSAC but there's no credit card symbol next to the school on LSDAS. Does anyone know whether the school or LSAC is right (or is there anyway to find out before you hit transmit?). 

NeverForever

Re: question about transmitting applications
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 01:07:32 PM »
Many schools allow you to pay your application fee by credit card even if there is no credit card symbol next to the school name. I think the symbol just means that you have to by credit card. If they don't allow you to pay by credit card you will know before you have to transmit, i.e. they will make you print out and sign a certification form with the app fee on it before they allow you to transmit.

newperson

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 02:13:25 PM »
Oh ok. Thanks. Two more follow up questions then:

1. If you do pay by credit card, does this mean that you don't have to send in a signed certification form by regular mail? and

2. If you cannot pay by credit card, you just send a check with the certification form?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 03:12:59 PM »
It differs by school.  Transmit your apps and find out.

NeverForever

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 03:43:39 PM »
Oh ok. Thanks. Two more follow up questions then:

1. If you do pay by credit card, does this mean that you don't have to send in a signed certification form by regular mail? and

2. If you cannot pay by credit card, you just send a check with the certification form?

1) In my experience, I have found that if you pay by credit card they also have an electronic certification option so you don't have to do anything by regular mail.

2) Yes, for the one school I paid with a check I had to send a signed certification form with the app fee.

This is what I have had to do, but there may be expections.