PT vs FT law school

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
Re: PT vs FT law school
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 08:38:44 AM »
I am applying to part time programs exclusively. I was worried that it would look bad to go part time or that i would not be able to participate in any activities if I was a part time student. I asked a lot of questions to admissions people at most of the schools I am interested in. They said that part time students can get involved, be on the law review, and take externships. I think that to do the externships, you would need to take a leave of absense from work, but it can be done. Going part time is all going to come down to time management.

doubtful

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 11:44:14 AM »
The only school i applied to pt is gulc. Its sorta a 'backup' in case i really feel the urge to work or end up NEEDing to work during school.

Personally, i believe i do a lot better in school when i work, since the pressure is on yadda yadda, and i concentrate more on getting *&^% done, as opposed to lazying around procrastinating.

I'm relieved to hear about Desi's lawyer friends though...i was afraid that since pt 'can' mean less summer assoc opportunities...it would mean i would be assed out.

Shouldn't you save PT for those who really need it?

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 05:56:22 PM »
Loaded question...

My answer...NO  ;D

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 09:31:10 AM »
shellrae007-

You should look further into the p/t programs at the specific schools you're interested in.  Some schools make more of an effort to offer the same course selection and professors to p/t students as their f/t counterparts than other schools do.