Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT horror story -> this could happen to you  (Read 5327 times)

junbug77m

• 160/3.1 BS in BME/EE double major, Master's in BME
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - junbug77m
    • View Profile
    • Email
LSAT horror story -> this could happen to you
« on: March 26, 2004, 12:04:03 AM »
I was taking the section 2 of the December 2003 LSAT.  When I was on question 15, one girl who was taking the LSAT called the proctor, and told her that there was a page missing on the LSAT test book.  And, they were discussing about this for over 5-10 minutes.  Yes, during the actual test.  Maybe proctors should take a class on common sense.  Or if the test taker was a bit concerned about others, she could've talked about this outside the room or after the session.  Well, I got distracted during that time, and ended up not being able to finish that section (guessed like 5 questions without even looking at them).  The test result?  about 3 points lower than I expected.  Maybe I should've said something to them.  If I don't get into a school that I like, I will be cussing at them all throughout my 1L.

dta

Re: LSAT horror story -> this could happen to you
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 12:17:24 AM »
That's HORRIBLE!!!! Is there no way for you to lodge a complaint with the LSAC against the proctor? It takes at most 1 minute for the student to say "i have a page missing" and the proctor to determine the veracity of this claim. If the student is correct, make a damn executive decision - tell the test-taker her test is over and she can have a make-up test and to quietly leave the room. If the student is incorrect, tell her there is nothing he can do for her and she must remain quiet or receive a red flag in her file.

Man, that's a nightmare scenario!

hollywoodude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 01:11:04 AM »
When I took the Feb LSAT a girl was describing how a page was missing on her 12/03 exam. Did this take place in LA??? Perhaps there were multiple spoilt tests..!!

junbug77m

• 160/3.1 BS in BME/EE double major, Master's in BME
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - junbug77m
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 01:27:27 AM »
When I took the Feb LSAT a girl was describing how a page was missing on her 12/03 exam. Did this take place in LA??? Perhaps there were multiple spoilt tests..!!

This took place in Virginia.  Sadly, there's nothing I can really do to change the score.  I guess I could've asked the LSAC to let me retake the exam(of course not the same exam), but that would've meant taking it in February.  I had my own plans (of sending out applications before february!) and didn't wanna go thru that hell again.

dta

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 01:31:45 AM »
I *think* the LSAC always has a make-up test ready to go. I know that if bad weather strikes and makes the test day unavailable to a group of people, the LSAC has a make-up test ready to go for such cases and will administer is very soon after the test being made up for. Perhaps they offer make-ups for non-weather related situations like yours.

abc12345

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 10:54:25 AM »
for my exam they had to make up 4 different makeups because multipleeeeee schools had to reschedule (dec lsat)...so they did it on 4 diff days...supposedly the first makeup was REAL tough, mine was ok, another one was ridiculous, another was easy

what pissed me off was i opened the test and my first section was experimental and was a section i took out of an lsat a week b4...so im thinking holy *&^% they gave me an old test!!!!!! then i realize after i finish section 1, oh @#!*, that was probably experimental, they were too lazy to make new questions

oh well :)

Skippy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 12:43:40 PM »
That sucks man, but you really should've said something.  I'm guessing you just sat there, concentrating harder, trying to ignore them?  I would've said something like, "Excuse me, is it possible you can carry that conversation elsewhere?  I can't concentrate".  They might think you're rude, but hey, this is YOUR future on the line.  Besides, as future lawyers, we're gonna have to be able to speak up like that.  The best lawyers don't take crap from people =)

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2004, 11:34:28 PM »
I was taking the section 2 of the December 2003 LSAT.  When I was on question 15, one girl who was taking the LSAT called the proctor, and told her that there was a page missing on the LSAT test book.  And, they were discussing about this for over 5-10 minutes.  Yes, during the actual test.  Maybe proctors should take a class on common sense.  Or if the test taker was a bit concerned about others, she could've talked about this outside the room or after the session.  Well, I got distracted during that time, and ended up not being able to finish that section (guessed like 5 questions without even looking at them).  The test result?  about 3 points lower than I expected.  Maybe I should've said something to them.  If I don't get into a school that I like, I will be cussing at them all throughout my 1L.

Yeah that's bad... but I'm thinking that girl had it much worse.  If I found that a page was missing in my test I'd probably soil myself.

NYBound05

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 02:46:49 AM »

Yeah that's bad... but I'm thinking that girl had it much worse.  If I found that a page was missing in my test I'd probably soil myself.

HAHAHA.  That was too funny.

Yeah, all of those stories are so unfortunate.  Especially the ones about the proctor calling time too soon, and ESPECIALLY the one with people yelling "35 Minutes Per Section!!!"  That made me laugh too.  Maybe I'm just giddy because it's late...

But on the real, I honestly don't know what I'd do if that *&^% happened to me.  I would be so so pissed off, but I don't think I'd cause a scene.  But then again, who knows?  I mean, it's true, our lives are on the line, and if we don't speak up then, the lsac's not gonna care about anything we claim made our testing conditions unfair.  Man, I don't know what I'd do... man I hope none of that happens to me in October!