LSAT (Law School Admissions Test) > LSAT horror stories

LSAT horror story -> this could happen to you

(1/2) > >>

junbug77m:
I was taking the section 2 of the December 2003 LSAT.  When I was on question 15, one girl who was taking the LSAT called the proctor, and told her that there was a page missing on the LSAT test book.  And, they were discussing about this for over 5-10 minutes.  Yes, during the actual test.  Maybe proctors should take a class on common sense.  Or if the test taker was a bit concerned about others, she could've talked about this outside the room or after the session.  Well, I got distracted during that time, and ended up not being able to finish that section (guessed like 5 questions without even looking at them).  The test result?  about 3 points lower than I expected.  Maybe I should've said something to them.  If I don't get into a school that I like, I will be cussing at them all throughout my 1L.

dta:
That's HORRIBLE!!!! Is there no way for you to lodge a complaint with the LSAC against the proctor? It takes at most 1 minute for the student to say "i have a page missing" and the proctor to determine the veracity of this claim. If the student is correct, make a damn executive decision - tell the test-taker her test is over and she can have a make-up test and to quietly leave the room. If the student is incorrect, tell her there is nothing he can do for her and she must remain quiet or receive a red flag in her file.

Man, that's a nightmare scenario!

hollywoodude:
When I took the Feb LSAT a girl was describing how a page was missing on her 12/03 exam. Did this take place in LA??? Perhaps there were multiple spoilt tests..!!

junbug77m:

--- Quote from: hollywoodude on March 26, 2004, 01:11:04 AM ---When I took the Feb LSAT a girl was describing how a page was missing on her 12/03 exam. Did this take place in LA??? Perhaps there were multiple spoilt tests..!!

--- End quote ---

This took place in Virginia.  Sadly, there's nothing I can really do to change the score.  I guess I could've asked the LSAC to let me retake the exam(of course not the same exam), but that would've meant taking it in February.  I had my own plans (of sending out applications before february!) and didn't wanna go thru that hell again.

dta:
I *think* the LSAC always has a make-up test ready to go. I know that if bad weather strikes and makes the test day unavailable to a group of people, the LSAC has a make-up test ready to go for such cases and will administer is very soon after the test being made up for. Perhaps they offer make-ups for non-weather related situations like yours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version