Law School Discussion

Study time

Study time
« on: March 25, 2004, 07:32:01 PM »
I took a practice LSAT and got a middle of the road 155.  I want to get to 165.  Its March 25 and the LSAT is on June 14th.  Realistically, how much time per week will I have to put in to raise my score 10 points? I want to take the June LSAT but I dont want to be stupid about it.  If I dont have enough time to study and get to where I want to be I will probably put it off until October.  I dont want to since I want to apply to Stetson for Spring.  Any study schedule and time allotment thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

Re: Study time
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 07:50:50 PM »
I would recommend a GOOD prep class and 20-30 hours a week from now till then.  I blew off studying because I simply didnt have the time and just did the class and got nowhere.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 09:20:18 AM »
It also depends on what gave you the most trouble. If it was one section, then maybe you don't need a class and can spend less time. If it was every part of the exam, then more time would be needed.

jgruber

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 09:34:47 AM »
Don't do what I did.  I 'studied' about 20 hours a week.  That means I read the book, half-heartedly did the exercises and did not improve my score at all.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 06:26:43 PM »
I am going to take May and June off from undergrad to study for the LSAT.  Is there a like a 8 week class or something to prepare for the LSAT?  I don't even know if they have anything like this.

Thanks!
Christie

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 06:53:59 PM »
How about the Princeton Review Online Course?  Any comments about it?  It is $499.00.  Let me know.

Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 08:09:20 PM »
Although a little more expensive, if you want more classroom instruction hours, you might want to look into PowerScore or TestMasters. PowerScore (www.powerscore.com) has 64 hours of instruction and 16 hours of testing (four tests) for $1095. They have a curent prelaw discount right now of $100 dollars. TestMasters has 80 hours of instruction and 16 or 20 hours of testing for $1250.

As far as a class, I read in a book that the University of Texas-El Paso has a class totally devoted to the LSAT for eight weeks, so you could move to El-Paso in the hot sun :)

How about the Princeton Review Online Course?  Any comments about it?  It is $499.00.  Let me know.

Thanks!

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2004, 07:30:01 AM »
I could only hope a school in Montgomery, Alabama would have a LSAT prep course.  El Paso, huh?  It is already in the mid 80's here.   Plenty of sun to go around!!!

Thanks,
Christie