Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rumor St. Mary's losing ABA accreditation True of False? THIS IS FOR SURE FALSE  (Read 2008 times)

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Well I changed the subject line. Maybe that will buy me a few points!
South Texas College of Law here I come!

Troy McClure

Re: Rumor St. Mary's losing ABA accreditation True of False? THIS IS FOR SURE F
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 06:15:44 PM »
80 % passing my ass, your own link provides stats only to February of 2004 where St. Mary's had 50% passing, 74 in July of 2003, and 56 in February of 2003. If you are looking at a different source let us know...

http://www.ble.state.tx.us/Stats/instate_03_pres.htm
They were talking about the July 2004 stats.  St Mary's had a 79.87% passage rates with 119 of 149 first time takers passing.

http://www.ble.state.tx.us/Stats/stats_0704.htm

Saint Willy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rumor St. Mary's losing ABA accreditation True of False?
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 07:25:34 PM »
Thanks for the advice though I wish I were in a better position, but you take the hand you are dealt and play it.

No offense but "hand you are dealt" ?

i dont think anyone is dealt grades...good or bad. They are earned

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
i dont think anyone is dealt grades...good or bad. They are earned
I do not disagree with you at all on the fact that grades are earned, but I have been out of school for almost 6 years. When I was getting my degree I had given up on trying to get into law school and I earned bad grades. So even though I myself may have dealt the cards that hold my chances of getting into law school, unfortunately I chose my cards poorly and now I must play this hand. I don't know if you are right out of undergrad or if you are older, but for me growing older has changed my perspective, goals, and maturity level (although my spelling has not improved any) So the person who dealt this hand is not exactly the same person 6 years later who is trying to go back to law school. I am sure you had great grades and should be proud of that, I didn't mean to try and undermine the value of the hard work that you put in to getting those grades.
South Texas College of Law here I come!