Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: addendum..how much is too much info?  (Read 448 times)

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
addendum..how much is too much info?
« on: October 13, 2004, 01:26:02 AM »
this is messy and personal..what should be included, what should be left out, how should i best word things?

-freshman first semester gpa-2.8 (parents divorced, father frequently called with suicide threats)
-second semester-very sick, misdiagnosed with shingles..gave me medicine to cure the disease i never had which i ended up having a terrible allergic reaction to..and i had to spend a long time in the hospital for recovery..had to withdraw from classes.
-then i transferred to a state school because of the divorce (courts only order parent to pay state tuition)

since then i have had an upward gpa- and i have taken class every semester and every summer since the withdrawl-i dont want to dwell on achievements in this since i will be including a resume..but do you think i should just to offset all of the bad stuff that will be mentioned??
158, 3.3
Accepted: Samford, South Texas, Georgia State
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond
Rejected: U Houston, Emory, Wake

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
Re: addendum..how much is too much info?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 09:31:15 AM »
I would mention all of that information, it is important to what you went through and why your GPA is low. I would absolutely offset it with accomplishments. In my addendum for my low LSAT, I brought it full circle and left the reader with the positives. Use this as another chance to reinforce the good things.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

murpheys_law

• midwesterner ready for the coast
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: addendum..how much is too much info?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 02:52:49 PM »
I would definitely mention it.  It's very important they know that.  I have to include that my father passed away, and that's why my grades took a nosedive.  Try to keep it clean though.
GPA:  3.72
LSAT: TBA