Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dean's Certificates?! WTF!  (Read 1294 times)

Bamaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Dean's Certificates?! WTF!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 02:29:59 PM »
my story ...

I went to my registrar's office and dropped off these forms.  I was super paranoid and couldn't believe that a part of my applicatiosn would be left up to someone that I had never even met.  Getting these things signed pissed me off huge ..

Anyways, when I went to pick them up the next day ... the dean came out and was like "Cheeks...nice to meet you.  You don't know this, but I'm a good friend of your dad's ... and my wife worked with your mom .. and blah blah blah"...

Anyways, moral of the story is...things will work themselves out.  Don't worry about it cause I"m sure it'll be fine.

You didn't know the Dean of your college is a good friend of both of your parents?

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 11:24:48 AM »
Anyways, when I went to pick them up the next day ... the dean came out and was like "Cheeks...nice to meet you.  You don't know this, but I'm a good friend of your dad's ... and my wife worked with your mom .. and blah blah blah"...

Your name is ACTUALLY Cheeks?
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 03:56:26 PM »
my story ...

I went to my registrar's office and dropped off these forms.  I was super paranoid and couldn't believe that a part of my applicatiosn would be left up to someone that I had never even met.  Getting these things signed pissed me off huge ..

Anyways, moral of the story is...things will work themselves out.  Don't worry about it cause I"m sure it'll be fine.

You didn't know the Dean of your college is a good friend of both of your parents?

no idea, i guess he noticed the last name.  Keep in mind that my college is huge - prolly 20,000 students ...and there are several 'colleges' at my university.  I didn't even know his name when I dropped off my form.  Just, the 'dean' :D