Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dean's Certificates?! WTF!  (Read 1255 times)

Gin&Juice

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Dean's Certificates?! WTF!
« on: October 13, 2004, 12:48:46 AM »
Hey who did u guys get to fill out these forms?  I obviously dont know the dean of my college, so who did i get to fill out my form?  Is anyone from the registrar okay?  What about Columbia's dean's certificate?  That one was RIDICULOUS.
"I'm Rich Biaaattcchh!!"

M2

Re: Dean's Certificates?! WTF!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 02:45:39 AM »
Yes Columbia's is retarded

Gin&Juice

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 04:36:27 PM »
Uh, who did u get to fill urs out?  That was kind of what I was hoping to get answered.
"I'm Rich Biaaattcchh!!"

murkydreamer

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 04:46:05 PM »
Call up the registrar's/dean's office at your school and explain what you need.  They should be able to direct you to the appropriate person.

runnin_skeerd

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 06:26:16 PM »
The form that I had was specific about disciplinary action.  After getting the usual run around from everyone that I contacted, it ended up being the Dean of Students who actually knew WTF the form was all about.

wstaffor

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35/174
    • AOL Instant Messenger - WillyRayCyrus06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 12:41:28 PM »
Does your school not have a Pre-law advisor? That's who does them at my school.
Accepted: Georgetown, Penn, Baylor ($Full$)
Pending: Harvard, Chicago, UVA, Northwestern, Emory, Tulane
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=wstaffor

NeverForever

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 12:45:58 PM »
I just went to the Dean of Students of my college in the university and said I need a Deans certification form filled out. The secretary took it from me and the next day I got the form back from the Dean, all signed and sealed.

runnin_skeerd

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 05:14:36 PM »
I just went to the Dean of Students of my college in the university and said I need a Deans certification form filled out. The secretary took it from me and the next day I got the form back from the Dean, all signed and sealed.

Well, I hate to tell you I told you so but .....

The form that I had was specific about disciplinary action.  After getting the usual run around from everyone that I contacted, it ended up being the Dean of Students who actually knew WTF the form was all about.

NeverForever

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 06:26:21 PM »
What exactly did you tell me?

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 06:34:08 PM »
my story ...

I went to my registrar's office and dropped off these forms.  I was super paranoid and couldn't believe that a part of my applicatiosn would be left up to someone that I had never even met.  Getting these things signed pissed me off huge ..

Anyways, when I went to pick them up the next day ... the dean came out and was like "Cheeks...nice to meet you.  You don't know this, but I'm a good friend of your dad's ... and my wife worked with your mom .. and blah blah blah"...

Anyways, moral of the story is...things will work themselves out.  Don't worry about it cause I"m sure it'll be fine.