Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Many LSATs?  (Read 3730 times)

wiseguy

• View Profile
    • Email
How Many LSATs?
« on: March 25, 2004, 05:14:26 PM »
Does anyone know how many LSATs were taken this year or the last, or were i can find those statistics?
Also, to me that site: lawschoolnumbers looks like a bunch of crap, how are we supposed to believe all those students and their stats, there seems to be a score inflation, if u know what i mean. Does anyone else doubt the validity?

karenw911

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How Many LSATs?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 06:07:14 PM »
First, I believe the numbers on lawschool.com may be off slightly, but why do you think they are so far off? What purpose does it serve for bunches and bunches of people to be dishonest on there? I don't follow your thinking.

As for your other point, I don't have an exact number but the December 25, 2003, USA today is quoted as saying, "....And the number of people taking the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) in 2003 is near the record 152,242 set during the last recession, in 1991".  Not sure if that helps you or not.

Karen W.

dta

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 06:43:30 PM »
there is no incentive for an anonymous person on a website which doesn't even have a discussion board (and thus no acrimonious disagreements) to lie about his/her numbers.

wiseguy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 10:19:35 PM »
Yeah well maybe those stats are right, i dont know why i was saying that. Thanks for the info about the LSAT.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 08:52:05 PM »
Does anyone know how many LSATs were taken this year or the last, or were i can find those statistics?
Also, to me that site: lawschoolnumbers looks like a bunch of crap, how are we supposed to believe all those students and their stats, there seems to be a score inflation, if u know what i mean. Does anyone else doubt the validity?

For T1 schools I am pretty confident in the quality of LSN.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 09:07:39 PM »

I don't doubt the validity of LSN, but it seems clear that people who do well on the LSAT are more likely to publically post their numbers. 

Those who don't do as well are probably going to be less bold about posting them.

So LSN probably skews towards people who did better on the exam.  That doesn't necessarily make it less useful, though, given that they tend to apply to more competitive schools anyway.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 01:29:45 AM »
LSAC.org...they publish all the stats

Hey amped, since you like dusting off and reviving old threads you should track down the first ever thread and post on LSD.  I think it's from 2001.  I am to lazy to find it.

LOL TCR
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...