Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OMG(osh) is this true?  (Read 1267 times)

All*eggs=1basket

• View Profile
Re: OMG(osh) is this true?
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 11:42:24 PM »
Wrong board.  Adcomms hates people who majored in sciology in their ugrad. 

Really? That's a little discouraging, me being a soc major. Is this true? I mean I know it may not get the same credit as say engineering, or computer science, or whatever, but do adcomms really hate us?...what if your school had no pre-law program, and you thought, sociology, sounds good, plus they had the only minor in criminal justice/criminology...gah...

No probably not.  Soc is very relevant to the law.  I believe Casper was going after the dummy who started this thread.

By the way, who do you remind me of?  Someone from TV.

Thanks AaronJ. I know I have a good grades/resume/work experience to back up what may not be the most difficult major, but certainly something I have enjoyed.
As far as who I remind you of...I get that saying ALL the time, "the girl next door look". But the list of tv people I have been told I resemble is long: Katie Holmes, Phoebe(friends,- this one i don't get), Ally Mcbeal, Charlotte (sex and the city) and Christina Ricci (eyes). Were those any of whom you were looking for? If not, let me know so I can add it to the list:)
LSDAS GPA 3.71
LSAT 151
Deferred - Wayne State University

AaronJ

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2004, 11:47:00 PM »
HA. That's it.  You look exactly like Ally Mcbeal. 

They say everyone has a double.  It looks like you have about a dozen. :)

Everyman

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 07:13:47 AM »
Something like 60% of Canadian professors are America-hating draft dodgers, or were at one point.

Natasha

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2004, 02:49:42 PM »
A lot of Americans also will say the same thing about Canadians too, so, it goes both ways.

No they would say Use small words and short sentences, that all end in "eh"  :P