Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OMG(osh) is this true?  (Read 1321 times)

for-sure

• View Profile
OMG(osh) is this true?
« on: October 12, 2004, 08:09:38 PM »
As all of you know I am a Canadian U. student. Today I went for a research interview with a very famous sociology prof. If I accept the research spot, I will be helping the prof write and edit certain section of his new textbook.  This will include: creating summaries for the back pages, answer keys, practice question etc.  The first little bit of instruction the prof. gave us (and I quote)..."Remember everyone, this (textbook) will be used at American universities, so remember to use small words and short sentences."
I went...

:o :o :o :o :o

Then I went  ::) ::) ::) ::)
and then  :'(

Is that why everyone seems to have a 3.99+ on this board?
Oct. 2005 LSAT: 149 :(

noell

Re: OMG(osh) is this true?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 08:42:50 PM »
No, just another American-hating foreigner for you.

A lot of Americans also will say the same thing about Canadians too, so, it goes both ways.

Just B.S.

I can't believe this question was asked.  But I'll save my "stupid Canadians" jokes for a later time. ;)

TheDecline

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 08:59:44 PM »
thiz is so tru.  Were all inbred az wel.  im rellie lookin ferwerd to marryin my sister/Couzin/Momma in a few weekends.  i done had a bit o troble readin this her post to.  i get my 3.99 cuz i majered in goat milkin.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 09:01:18 PM »
As all of you know I am a Canadian U. student. Today I went for a research interview with a very famous sociology prof. If I accept the research spot, I will be helping the prof write and edit certain section of his new textbook.  This will include: creating summaries for the back pages, answer keys, practice question etc.  The first little bit of instruction the prof. gave us (and I quote)..."Remember everyone, this (textbook) will be used at American universities, so remember to use small words and short sentences."
I went...

:o :o :o :o :o

Then I went  ::) ::) ::) ::)
and then  :'(

Is that why everyone seems to have a 3.99+ on this board?
It's disapointing to hear that an allegedly educated person such as this famous professor would make such blatantly ignorant generalizations.  American universities are some of the best in the world -- this is evidenced by the huge influx of foreign students into American institutions of higher learning.  

I am not here to make any generalizations, but the Canadian friends (7 of them) I had all struggled quite a bit with college -- and this was the University of Tennesee, not Harvard. I am not saying that these poeple are indicative of a general trend of Canadians receiving education in the US, but this is at least some evidence that at least some students leaving Canadian high schools struggle with college in the US.

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 09:02:34 PM »
Wrong board.  Adcomms hates people who majored in sciology in their ugrad. 
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

TheDecline

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 09:03:34 PM »
rUskI-

Yur gonna half ta dum ur post down a bit.  me aint able to no such big werds.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 09:34:53 PM »
rUskI-

Yur gonna half ta dum ur post down a bit.  me aint able to no such big werds.
i is sory.  wil does gooder nest timye.

AaronJ

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 11:19:13 PM »
Yes it is true.  We get to class in the morning and have snacks and do some coloring.  Later on we have a nap before we go out to recess.  On bathroom breaks our professors wipe our asses and tell us to fear the overwhelming intellectual might of Canadians.::)

Idiot

All*eggs=1basket

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 11:31:32 PM »

Really? That's a little discouraging, me being a soc major. Is this true? I mean I know it may not get the same credit as say engineering, or computer science, or whatever, but do adcomms really hate us?...what if your school had no pre-law program, and you thought, sociology, sounds good, plus they had the only minor in criminal justice/criminology...gah...
LSDAS GPA 3.71
LSAT 151
Deferred - Wayne State University

AaronJ

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 11:33:23 PM »

Really? That's a little discouraging, me being a soc major. Is this true? I mean I know it may not get the same credit as say engineering, or computer science, or whatever, but do adcomms really hate us?...what if your school had no pre-law program, and you thought, sociology, sounds good, plus they had the only minor in criminal justice/criminology...gah...

No probably not.  Soc is very relevant to the law.  I believe Casper was going after the dummy who started this thread.

By the way, who do you remind me of?  Someone from TV.