Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: animal law  (Read 515 times)

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
animal law
« on: October 12, 2004, 04:05:08 PM »
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

nathanielmark

Re: animal law
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 04:08:09 PM »
water fowl is where the real money is in animal law.  stay away from domesticated animals. 

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 04:10:51 PM »
lol

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 04:11:57 PM »
you can also make a killing if you land one of those celebrity pets as clients, like benji, lassi, the taco bell dog.

Babalaco

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - babalaco
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 04:14:29 PM »
You could represent a pit bull the next time some 4 year old girl gets her arm eaten off for petting one.

nathanielmark

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 04:20:39 PM »
Well I think USNEWS has University of Montana ranked #1 for animal law. 

dunson

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 06:09:20 PM »
do you mean like conservation, animal abuse, what is it that is an emerging field-id never do it but i am intrigued

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 06:14:46 PM »
Hey now, it's not the pit bull's fault it had a bad owner.  Pit bulls are incredibly intelligent dogs, and need to be trained really well.  Some owners either don't understand this, and thus the dog doesn't learn to repect people and you get attacks, etc, or you get owners that do understand this, and train them to be attack dogs.

My dad's owned several pit bulls, and they were all absolutely great dogs.  The one we had when I was a baby thought I was his puppy, and would watch over me and get upset if I started crying (often because he hit me with his tail...).  If you are assertive in training them, or better, attend a training course as a puppy, and socialize the dog early and often with other dogs and people, they can be great additions to the family.

Don't write off a whole breed because of idiotic owners.

Sorry, rant over now...

You could represent a pit bull the next time some 4 year old girl gets her arm eaten off for petting one.

nathanielmark

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 10:09:02 AM »
bump.  maybe i am the only one that finds this thread so humorous.

nathanielmark

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 10:18:19 AM »
I don't find it humerous, needless to say I won't be posting on these boards anymore. 

eh, cmon, seriously.  this is a good board, and i don't know your personal situation, but you can learn a lot about the application and admissions process on this board.  i think people just don't know about animal law.  perhaps you can take this as an opportunity to educate us.  no need to get hurt feelings about the whole thing.  we like animals around here (except cats).