Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Touring UT and Austin nightlife  (Read 330 times)

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
Touring UT and Austin nightlife
« on: October 12, 2004, 12:21:32 AM »
My little bro is graduating from UT-Austin the first week of December so I figured I would kill 3 birds with one stone by attending a family function, touring the UT law school, and perhaps most importantly, finally taking in the much heralded Austin nightlife on 6th Street.  I'm taking one of my best college drinking buddies along so we can totally tear that town up right.  Unfortunately, my brother doesn't go out much and isn't into the bar/club scene.  Anyone have any tips?  I'll be there on Wednesday through Monday.

BigBadBo

Re: Touring UT and Austin nightlife
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 01:05:59 AM »
Thursday is "College Night"   Wendsday might be slow - Friday and Saturday good

I'll get back to ya about the bars - been out of the country for awhile.

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 10:29:58 AM »
What kind of scene do you like? Logan's is a cool bar, Coyote Ugly is ok not great. The aquarium or the library are a good crowd for younger college age folks (lot's of hotties there) For music go to stubbs or Antone's on 4th street. Pete's piano bar is always a good one as well. Lot's to choose from. Be careful though the police on 6th street are real jackasses. A freind of mine was arrested for crossing in a crosswalk and the light turned on him (we were both in the crosswalk but they arrested him and didn't touch me, he is black.) Anyway have fun but watch yourself. If you like techno dancing stuff I think Paradox is pretty cool ,but I am not sure if they are still open. I Live in Austin but I am old so I don't get down there much anymore.
South Texas College of Law here I come!

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 10:52:07 AM »
What kind of scene do you like? Logan's is a cool bar, Coyote Ugly is ok not great. The aquarium or the library are a good crowd for younger college age folks (lot's of hotties there) For music go to stubbs or Antone's on 4th street. Pete's piano bar is always a good one as well. Lot's to choose from. Be careful though the police on 6th street are real jackasses. A freind of mine was arrested for crossing in a crosswalk and the light turned on him (we were both in the crosswalk but they arrested him and didn't touch me, he is black.) Anyway have fun but watch yourself. If you like techno dancing stuff I think Paradox is pretty cool ,but I am not sure if they are still open. I Live in Austin but I am old so I don't get down there much anymore.

What is an AGGIE doing in Austin?  Shouldn't you be in College Station? :) 

Thanks for the tips.  I'd like to see as much of Austin as possible.  I lived in Dallas for two years and was in Austin twice for journalism competitions and workshops in high school.  I loved it!  But obviously I didn't have a chance to take advantage of the good stuff, since I was only 17 at the time.  I definitely want to see the college bars, because I have lived in State College, PA for 7 years now and I wonder what other college bars are like.  I also want to see the rest of the town too.  I hope we can squeeze it all in in 4 nights.  Touring the law school is really an academic exercise.  I'm applying to UT and it's one of my top 2 choices but it would be a huge reach for me, especially since I'm out of state.