Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Editing Services? Essay Queen, Number One Essay??  (Read 993 times)

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Editing Services? Essay Queen, Number One Essay??
« on: October 11, 2004, 07:07:42 PM »
Does anyone know if Essay Queen and Number One Essay are run by the same people???  Also, if you have used an editing service I'd like to know what you thought and if you recommend it.  I am thinking of using one to look over my Personal Statement.  Thanks

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
Re: Editing Services? Essay Queen, Number One Essay??
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 09:29:07 PM »
I was unhappy with the first edited draft by Number One Essay. Improper grammar, changes weakened the essay. We'll see how edit #2 goes.

EKC

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 09:38:20 PM »
I though Essay queen was great.  Very little needed to be changed because I'm a very good writer myself, but she did a great job with the changes she suggested.

I was satisfied and would use her again

qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

Lawschool2005

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 10:58:15 PM »
I used number one essay. She took about a week and a half to get me back my essay. I didn't agree with everything she changed but she definetely helped me cut out some really crappy runon sentences. I have heard essay queen is very good as well. I don't think that you could go wrong with either one.

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 11:03:22 PM »
I was quite unhappy with my second response from her. After editing my essay the first time, I decided to scrap the entire thing and rewrote a much stronger draft. Her response was quite rude, and I got the impression that she was insulted that i wasn't happy with the changes that she made. I also am under the impression that she visits this site, but I'm not sure if that is true or not. I'm glad it was only $5 that I spent.

EKC

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 09:17:43 AM »
Number one essay and essay queen are not the same people as far as I know.

I have never used number one essay, so I can not say anything about them, but I have used essay queen and I was very happy with her service.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 12:28:28 PM »
For the record, as a personal friend of The Essay Queen, she does not run Number One Essay. 

However, The Essay Queen has added some new package deals to her website today, so be sure and check them out if you're still looking for help!

http://www.geocities.com/theessayqueen/services.html
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

aniroc22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 07:27:02 PM »
The Essay Queen is awesome. Her prices are incredibly low and she has an amazing turn-around time. She made some fantastic formatting changes to my resume that I never would have thought of myself. I would recommend her services without hesitation.

bulldogger116

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 07:43:36 PM »
How long is the turn around time? I'm still waiting for mine from another service.

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 08:38:30 PM »
I think it's normally about 48 hours, but maybe someone who has had their's done recently can give you a better estimate.

If you email her, she can probably tell you what her turn-around time looks like right now.  TheEssayQueen@yahoo.com
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi