Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Ottawa Joint Program with American University in Washington  (Read 3358 times)

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
Re: University of Ottawa Joint Program with American University in Washington
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 06:09:25 PM »
Only two students from the '04 grad class went to NY, so looks like it's pretty tough to do so. That sucks a lot. My special circumstances is very solid, cannot be argued against at all I would think.

I was at the introduction thing at Osgoode today. It was interesting and actually made me appreciate the school more. Still think the Ottawa program would be my first choice though.

Do you think that applying with special circumstances / access / whatever Ottawa wants to call it will hurt my chances of getting in to the joint program?

Got to start writing PS, so far behind...

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2004, 08:18:22 PM »
Only two students from the '04 grad class went to NY, so looks like it's pretty tough to do so. That sucks a lot. My special circumstances is very solid, cannot be argued against at all I would think.

I was at the introduction thing at Osgoode today. It was interesting and actually made me appreciate the school more. Still think the Ottawa program would be my first choice though.

Do you think that applying with special circumstances / access / whatever Ottawa wants to call it will hurt my chances of getting in to the joint program?

Got to start writing PS, so far behind...

Only 2, really?  The year before about 10 of those reported worked in the US (which, if I remember was about 65% of class so probably closer to 14+).  The latter number is actually not so bad at all, but 2 is really bad.  I did not know that.

I doubt special circumstances thingy will make you any less competitive for the dual degree, BTW.  I don't see why it would.
No longer here.

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 08:29:32 PM »
I was at the thing today, they didn't have stats for last year, but it was really bad this year. 2% of students going to NY. Almost as many students went to China for crying out loud.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2004, 08:31:15 PM »
2% or 2?

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2004, 08:32:56 PM »
2%, four students - I double checked when you expressed surprise.

And I really hope it does not effect my application for the joint degree. It's just that when there are only three spots available it sounds like a real long shot. Anything that might harm my applicatin scares me and my GPA is not exactly something to be proud of. If the LSAT went bd this could get bad...maybe even Windsor bad  :o

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2004, 08:35:08 PM »
2%, four students - I double checked when you expressed surprise.

And I really hope it does not effect my application for the joint degree. It's just that when there are only three spots available it sounds like a real long shot. Anything that might harm my applicatin scares me and my GPA is not exactly something to be proud of. If the LSAT went bd this could get bad...maybe even Windsor bad  :o

I really wouldn't worry about the Ottawa thingy too much.  I really don't see all that many people interested in the LLB/JD.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2004, 08:37:59 PM »
apparently UofO and Windsor have a monopoly in that market  :-\

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2004, 08:46:45 PM »
I guess that sort of makes sense. Most Canadians who go to a US school want to go to a T14 school. Not too many interested in American, let alone MSU or Detroit-Mercy. The Ottawa Program just seems like a really good idea for me. Fits real well with what I want to do in the future. Hopefully I can crank out a PS that will explain that and how the program fits so well for me.

Wonder if the woman will move to Ottawa with me. If she doesn't then her parents gravy train runs out...and well, that sucks.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2004, 08:49:18 PM »
Wonder if the woman will move to Ottawa with me. If she doesn't then her parents gravy train runs out...and well, that sucks.

hahaha ... that's pimp

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2004, 08:54:39 PM »
The way I figure, every law student needs a woman with really rich parents. Makes thing a lot easier.

Anyways, I can't stand waiting for the LSAT results anymore. I have decided to drink the time away. Hopefully next thing I remember I'll be getting my LSAT results. It's not like this semester matters anyways eh?