Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: $$$$  (Read 4425 times)

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: $$$$
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2004, 10:37:00 PM »
I personally can't stand losing.  And coming second means you were the first loser.  Just a little more effort and you could have been first ... it eats me up!

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2004, 10:39:10 PM »
I personally can't stand losing.  And coming second means you were the first loser.  Just a little more effort and you could have been first ... it eats me up!

Hmmm, Type A personality I guess?
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2004, 10:43:04 PM »
you have no idea ... i need to relax. i want to take a yoga class or something.  maybe they offer one in law school.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2004, 10:46:23 PM »
you have no idea ... i need to relax. i want to take a yoga class or something.  maybe they offer one in law school.

That's a very good idea.  I have never been horribly competitive, I guess, but meditation really calmed me down considerably.  You don't want a heart attack at 40 Cheeks!
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2004, 10:50:11 PM »
I used to do yoga quite a bit actually ... and never really liked it haha.  But i did find it relaxing, so i think is something that i need to get back into.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2004, 11:10:57 PM »
I used to do yoga quite a bit actually ... and never really liked it haha.  But i did find it relaxing, so i think is something that i need to get back into.

I never did Yoga myself, but my gf is really pissed that I'm not trying it.  It makes sense I guess, because I have the worst posture in the world.  It is so bad that people don't really see my true height and are usually surprised when I straighten up.  Now that's BAD.
No longer here.

omake_don

• i'm going to law school, but i'd rather be a ninja
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2004, 12:43:54 AM »
he thanks, UT is def gonna be my last choice then, considering you havta pay moocho taxes working in canada too.
i'm spicy in that non-offensive and mysterious way that all the ladies.. SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2004, 11:38:33 AM »
eh ... how come?

because of the salary thing?  I've been trying to do a long-term cost-benefit analysis of goign to a US school vs. a Canadian school for a while now, and so far, all i've come up with is that I don't know which would be best.

There's a lot of things you have to look at.  Just looking at starting salary isn't going to give you a good idea of things.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2004, 11:43:28 AM »
eh ... how come?

because of the salary thing?  I've been trying to do a long-term cost-benefit analysis of goign to a US school vs. a Canadian school for a while now, and so far, all i've come up with is that I don't know which would be best.

There's a lot of things you have to look at.  Just looking at starting salary isn't going to give you a good idea of things.

I think he was talking about taxes.  Problem is, these really aren't that much lower in many big cities of the US.  The outlook is especially not clear considering even UofT is downright a bargain when compared with US schools.  That does not preclude ME, however, from bitching about their cost.
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2004, 11:47:42 AM »
exactly ... compare toronto taxes with NYC taxes!

plus, there's a standard of living (apart from a much higher cost of living) that is present in big US cities that isn't there in Canada cities.  i think it's much more complicated than just taxes and salaries.