Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Serious and Important Thread: PS format info. Respond only if serious. Thank you  (Read 420 times)

Barry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
(1)Should there be a title ? If yes, should the title be "Personal Statement" or something different?
(2)Should both the SS# and the LSAC ID be on each page, or just one of them on each page? Where should it be written (in the center, left, right)?
(3)Should there be a page number on each page? If yes, should it be on page 1? If yes, where should it be written?

Thank you. Please respond only if you will be helpful to the audience at large. Thank you.

Barry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anyone?

TheDecline

The title of your thread makes it more likely that people will act like smart asses, but I'll control myself and play nice.

1.  Just put "personal statement"

2.  Definitely put one of them.  I put SS#.  I don't think position matters for this.

3.  who cares if the pages are numbered?  there shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 max, anyway.        Relax a bit.  I don't think page numbers and position are going to make a difference.

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
If you're this anal about the PS, you're looking at a heart attack before you're 30

Jennifer10

I'm definitely going to have a catchy title for mine.  I've asked (and shown) a number of professors and lawyers & they all agreed one would be a good idea.

Yes, for SS# in case one of the papers is lost in the process.  I'm putting mine on the right hand corner.  I think left is okay too.  But I think center is tacky for some reason.

And I'm not putting a page number on it.  It shouldn't be more than 2 pages anyways!

(1)Should there be a title ? If yes, should the title be "Personal Statement" or something different?
(2)Should both the SS# and the LSAC ID be on each page, or just one of them on each page? Where should it be written (in the center, left, right)?
(3)Should there be a page number on each page? If yes, should it be on page 1? If yes, where should it be written?

Thank you. Please respond only if you will be helpful to the audience at large. Thank you.