Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Superman has died  (Read 1041 times)

gobears

Superman has died
« on: October 11, 2004, 01:00:50 AM »
Not sure how true the rumors are, but apparently Christopher Reeve passed away today.  How or what happened or anything else is a big question mark right now.  All that's been said so far is that he died suddenly.  Sad news if true.

DESI

Re: Superman has passed away
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 01:02:58 AM »
I had the opportunity to hear him speak at UF a few years ago - he was an inspiration to many, and his loss will be mourned.

Ginatio

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 01:03:21 AM »
don't post hearsay and rumors, please. it forces me to waste my time finding a dearth of any backup info. and ultimately deciding it's b.s.

DESI

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 01:05:36 AM »
don't post hearsay and rumors, please. it forces me to waste my time finding a dearth of any backup info. and ultimately deciding it's b.s.

was this BS?  i give gobears the benefit of the doubt, then

Matthew_24_24

Re: Superman has died
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 01:06:16 AM »
Unless this happened in the last two hours, it is not true.

Matt

Ginatio

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 01:06:22 AM »

was this BS?  i give gobears the benefit of the doubt, then

if it were true, it'd be ALL over the news by now. alas it's not, so I will assume it is false.

gobears

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 01:12:18 AM »
Sorry guys, I don't mean to post hearsay or rumor, but this actually seems legit.  Of course, the source could be totally wrong, so apologies in advance if it is.  But I saw it on a website called the Drudge Report, which is usually pretty legit.  It's currently on the main or front page of the website: there's a big picture/painting of Christopher Reeve as Superman and a caption that reads "Report: Christopher Reeve is dead."  The remainder reads:

"Nikki Finke in Los Angeles is reporting that actor Christopher Reeve is dead, according to sources close to the actor. He died suddenly Sunday. News of his death has not been reported publicly yet. His family will make an announcement Monday at the earliest. Reeve was just mentioned Friday in the second live presidential debate by John Kerry. Noting he was a friend of the paralysed Reeve, Kerry said he was in favor of further stem cell research because Reeve could walk again one day thanks to such science.... MORE..."

Source: http://www.drudgereport.com

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 01:17:37 AM »
Hmmm, Drudge Report is more legit than some news outlets...

We'll have to wait and see.

Matt

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004, 01:26:08 AM »
abcnews now too.  Looks legit.

Matt

gobears

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 01:34:12 AM »
Yeah it's looking more and more legit now, sadly.  It would've been better to have just been a rumor.